What's new

Spider-Man DVD Details Revealed! (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure the Episode 2 DVD will be nothing to sneeze at. The Episode 1 DVD is pretty spectacular in terms of content

DarrenA

Second Unit
spider-man did the impossible.. it beat episode 2.. no other movie had done that.. probably why there is so much comparasion. its going to be talked about alot of this comes true.. that spider-man did indeed beat episode 2.
I loved Spider-Man as much as the next person, but let's get the real story before boasting about sales figures. First off, Spider-Man opened in a LOT more theaters and screens than Episode 2 did, so it "should" bring in more money. Also, it has been estimated that almost 1 million people downloaded and viewed pirated versions of Episode 2 off the Internet before it was even released. Think about how that effects the numbers at a ticket price of $8.00 to $10.00 per person.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Something tells me Ep. II will beat Spiderman just because of the fans who see it 4+ times like myself.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice if they would address the basics first, such as confirmation that it's anamorphic widescreen.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
What, no DTS-ES? No sale, Columbia! :angry: :thumbsdown:
J/K :laugh:
Honestly, though, these sound like great, substantial extras. I enjoyed Spiderman well enough, but after reading that comprehensive list I am now determined to get the DVD!
Joseph

Jonathan Perregaux

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Is there some way that we can mention Spider-Man or Lord of the Rings without automatically mentioning that flannel-wearing guy who made a dual-trilogy of exceptionally popular sci-fi movies? It's really getting annoying.

DarrenA

Second Unit
It would be nice if they would address the basics first, such as confirmation that it's anamorphic widescreen.
Seriously how could anyone imagine at this point that Spider-Man would not be released at it's OAR of 1.85:1 with anamorphic enhancement! We are talking about Columbia/TriStar after all.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
not only did Spidey beat Ep2 at the box office but at the quality of the film. Story and entertainment.!!
You guys are getting really, really predictable... :rolleyes
Anyways, if these DVD features are the real deal, I am already drooling bucketloads in my shorts. I love the fact that they are really pushing the comic-book origins of the character, with their comic book-style intro, Stan Lee interview, and Spiderman 101 features. Makes the package attractive to fans of both the movie and the comics.
I'd love to see Warner Brothers take a similar approach to a Batman Special Edition. Of course, along the lines of Harry Potter, we'd probably just end up with an interactive tour of the friggin' Batcave.
*sigh*...

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The reason why they do multiple featurettes is because if the documentary goes over 30min it no longer counts as promotional, and they must pay the actors (BIG bucks) to participate

If it's a bunch of little short ones, so long as they don't go over 30min they don't

See Superman:SE for a good example of a doc obviously split into 3 parts

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I know this isn't a movie discussion, but being a former comic book nut, I went to see this, and I was rather unimpressed by it. Not awful, just not good.

DarrenA

Second Unit
And the content of the Spidey DVD rivals that of TPM in terms of sheer quantity
Let us please remember that the contents of the Spider-Man DVD are very preliminary at best. These contents are not official yet, and furthermore are a list only submitted for a Region 4 release. This movie is only 4 weeks old in the theater, I think it's a bit premature to proclaim that the eventual Spider-Man DVD has more content than another DVD that has already been officially released.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Can we have just one Spider-Man thread that does not have AOTC comparisons in it? :frowning:
This is about the possible future details of the Spider-Man DVD. Not about who makes more money, which was better etc.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I for one can't wait to have both Spidey and EPISODE II on my DVD shelf this November. It's gonna be a great Thanksgiving!:)

Lone Wolf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnny B
DarrenA hit the nail on the head when he said -

Let us please remember that the contents of the Spider-Man DVD are very preliminary at best.
The promotional leaflet that I listed the details from does mention in tiny print at the bottom that "All details are preliminary and are subject to change."

So, even though these features are not finalised, Columbia obviously felt confident enough to send these promotional items out to retailers to announce what would seem to be content that has been finished or at least confirmed.

If anything, I would expect more features to be announced - trailers, deleted scenes... I think we can all safely assume that it will be anamorphic widescreen. They may also release a full screen version (as with 'Stuart Little') or even multiple releases (as with 'Men in Black'). Will it be Superbit Deluxe, DTS, Dolby 6.1? That is all guess work at this point, and part of the heightened emotion called anticipation...

Johnny B.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
activision released a really cool video game based on the spider-man movie game.. they even got tobey to do the voice for spider-man, willem defoe as green goblin, and yes.. the one and only bruce campbell to narrate the game.. its worth getting the game just for that.. It would be cool if they talked with the people that made game...I am not into the video game on dvd.. I would make an excetion about this.

JACOB

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
Where are the trailers?

I'm sorry, but if it doesn't have the original trailer with the Twin Towers, I ain't buying. That is a deal-breaker for me.

No trailer = no sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamywaby
Recent bookmarks