What's new

Spider-Man Deluxe Edition & Spider-Man Superbit (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
there is an FX magazine that has the spidey teaser on it.. its a picture of cats and dogs on the cover.
I have the disc.

JACOB

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
I just watched Spider-Man Superbit on my Sony DVP-NS700P. The picture is an improvement over the original. But there's a subtitle glitch that wasn't in the original. In the beginning of the wrestling scene, when Bone Saw is about to finish off his first opponent, the English subtitle of the crowd chanting Bone Saw's name appears, even though I selected no subtitles. Anyone else have this problem?

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I didnt have that problem with the subtitles when i watched the SB version last night

capt

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

Me neither.

I downloaded the "Twin Towers" trailer from the Spider-Man website when it first came out. Boy am I glad that I still have it on two PCs...it's one of the best trailers I've ever seen!

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I have that same DVD of Movie FX Magazine with the WTC teaser as well. Unfortunately, the magazine's web site does not have any more back issues of it in stock, making it one of only two issues of their magazine (along with issue #2) OOP. The editor told me that they had no plans to remarket that issue once it sold out, that it was a fluke that it got on there to begin with. By the time he noticed it, it was too late to stop production on the disc.

It's still one of the great teaser trailers of all time.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor

Yeah. Major misleading here--it does not specify anywhere which film it's the teaser for.

By the way, I loathe the Spider-Man 2 trailer. Would it be possible for them to give away a few more key plot points? I feel like I don't even have to go see the movie now. There are certainly precious few surprises left.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Duh--my bad; good point, Colin. I've long wished for Sony to do Superbit Deluxes that include commentaries on a separate CD: you'd get the often better Superbit transfer and DTS but don't lose the commentary (if there was one on the standard release).

Is it you guys' sense that most DVD hounds don't also have standalone CD players (or a second DVD player) for this idea to work? Cue up the DVD in your DVD player and the companion CD in your CD/second DVD player/boombox; perhaps have a narrator/countdown at the beginning of the CD to synch up the start of commentary with the end of the Columbia lady logo . . . ba da bing.

Maybe this is a good application for the new DualDisc format. Superbit Deluxes would be movie w/ DTS on disc 1 and DualDisc disc 2 w/ supps on one DVD side and commentary on the flip.

I can dream, right? :)

-p

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Duh--my bad; good point, Colin. I've long wished for Sony to do Superbit Deluxes that include commentaries on a separate CD: you'd get the often better Superbit transfer and DTS but don't lose the commentary (if there was one on the standard release).

Is it you guys' sense that most DVD hounds don't also have standalone CD players (or a second DVD player) for this idea to work? Cue up the DVD in your DVD player and the companion CD in your CD/second DVD player/boombox; perhaps have a narrator/countdown at the beginning of the CD to synch up the start of commentary with the end of the Columbia lady logo . . . ba da bing.

Maybe this is a good application for the new DualDisc format. Superbit Deluxes would be movie w/ DTS on disc 1 and DualDisc disc 2 w/ supps on one DVD side and commentary on the flip.

I can dream, right? :)

-p

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

I think such synching is totally unnecessary. I never listen to commentaries as I watch the movies - I tape them and listen to them in the car. Very rarely do I encounter a comment SO specific that I don't know to what they refer, but 99.99% of the time, the lack of visuals aren't an issue. Listening in the car is much more time effective and enjoyable - I'd hate to be stuck in front of the TV just for a commentary...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks