What's new

Spider-Man Deluxe Edition & Spider-Man Superbit (1 Viewer)

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
Jacob,

Did you receive a Spiderman2 coupon with the dvd? If so, can you tell me what are the restrictions. I'd like to buy it if the coupon is good on opening day.

Thanks

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
it was same deal like the two towers movie ticket? if you remember that.. they list many theatres where it could be used at. it ends on july 30, 2004. you have like a month to use it. I remember using the two tower on opening day for it.

JACOB

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Since the voucher is meant to be "same as cash" it should be usable on opening day, but I would check with your theater to make sure.

I brought a MovieCash voucher I got from the Splash SE to AMC for the Ladykillers, and they looked at it like it was foreign currency. I went through a cashier and a CS rep before I got to someone who knew how to handle it.

Even though the movie cash is not a pass, I have a feeling that since a movie like Spiderman 2 will likely have the "no passes" stipulation common to big movies in their first week, the cashier is likely to dismiss the movie cash if you wait until opening night and present it in the middle of a crowded line. If you have the opportunity to buy your ticket with it a day in advance that would be the way to go. Just my 2 cents...

AnthonyL

Stunt Coordinator
Jacob,

Is Famous Players listed as one of the theatres where it could be used? They are one of the best theatres in
Canada.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
you can use that link to find out what theatre near you will use the movie ticket. it will work for canada too.

JACOB

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Nice, the dealer locator at HollywoodMovieMoney listed the Famous Players theaters near me...

EDIT: Found the answer... under the restricitons, it says "Movie certificates shall be valid at participating theaters for Spider-man 2 including those performances designated as 'no coupons, no passes' in local listing guides

But is the movie money considered a 'pass'? Like if the listing says 'no passes', will i be able to use it?

Steven Good

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steven
the theater chain takes the movie cash as a traveler's check and records it in their nightly deposit as a check payment. it has a max value of $10.50, so if you live in NYC, you may have to pay a buck or two in addition the movie cash coupon.

my wife's hobby is coupon clipping and refunding. she trades with friends for UPCs and forms. many companies have movie cash mail-in offers every year. we haven't paid actual $$ for a movie ticket in almost four years. we see 4 or 5 movies a month.

if you have a Regal theater chain near you, sign up for a "Regal Crown" card, and you get points for every dollar spent on tickets and concessions. points are redeemed for free tickets, popcorn and soda.

the point is, these Movie Cash things are treated as real money for the purchase of tickets, therefore you are awarded points on your crown club card. in effect, we get points toward free tickets by using movie cash free tickets!

another reason i love my wife.

KyleC

Supporting Actor
So bottom line is if you have the original release but wanted a better picture, you're not going to get it on the Superbit? Am I correct?

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I think the superbit version does have a better picture. there are some scenes in the first release that have wrong fleshcolor.. where characters are more red.. I didn;t notice any of that in the new version, plus the DTS rocks.

JACOB

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I just got home with my copy of the Superbit. I took a look at selected scenes and compared them with the original disc. The Superbit is definitely sharper looking.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

I did the same last night and I agree. The Superbit is more clear, sharper, and free of the video noise that the original had.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
IGN's review really has me seriously considering the SuperBit now. At first I was skeptical of any video or audio improvement, but their screenshots showed a noticeable difference and that along with the DTS track will probably convince me to buy this one after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks