What's new

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (2023) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has been delayed to June 2, 2023. I have updated the release date in the first post accordingly. They're also dropping Part One from the title, even though it will still kick off a two-parter.

Its second half, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Part II will follow on March 29, 2024. This one had not been previously scheduled. At least this represents a relatively short wait between parts.

I don't have any inside information or anything but I am inferring from a delay this long that they simply need longer to work on the film. I would have enjoyed it in October, but I would rather they take their time to make sure they can deliver something as good as the first one. So I'll wait. If we have to have a longer-than-intended gap somewhere, I'd rather do the waiting period now than when we're coming off a cliffhanger ending to the first half. So I'm glad those two dates are so close together.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
It's kind of crazy how Hailee Steinfeld is playing two iconic Marvel superheroes more or less at the same time.
You're right, but it's not just Steinfeld. Spider-Verse has multiple MCU actors in it. Katheryn Hahn was Doc Ock. Mahershala Ali, who is the new Blade, was Aaron Davis. Oscar Isaac showed up as Spider-Man 2099 in the post-credits scene.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The studios are going to induce multi-verse fatigue the way they're going. We had Spider-Verse, then that concept was used in No Way Home, now we're going to have Doctor Strange in the Multi-Verse of Madness, then two more Spider-Verse films?

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The studios are going to induce multi-verse fatigue the way they're going
I don't think this is going to be a problem.

Being a fully animated film allows for Spider-Verse to approach things from a different stylistic perspective than the MCU films, which are groundsd in live-action even though they have lots of visual effects.

No Way Home and Multiverse of Madness are obviously linked. I think the latter is going to be helped by being the follow-up to one of the biggest movies ever, in the same way that Endgame boosted Far From Home. It would be pretty weird if a Doctor Strange sequel didn't focus on the multiverse following the events of No Way Home.

I’m suffering from “part 1” and “part 2” fatigue far more than multiverse fatigue.
I read somewhere when the title was announced that they didn't originally plan this as two films. The story was bigger than they originally intended, so the decision was made to cut it in half. Of course, this still ends up with the same result. But because it seems to have been a creative decision rather than a purely financial one, I've got to give the filmmakers credit here.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
The studios are going to induce multi-verse fatigue the way they're going. We had Spider-Verse, then that concept was used in No Way Home, now we're going to have Doctor Strange in the Multi-Verse of Madness, then two more Spider-Verse films?
I agree with Jake regarding the live action and animated stuff being considered quite different mediums (to most people).

That being said, there’s no way around getting much more multiverse stuff in the MCU. Loki already established that the multiverse existing is a “significant thing”, particularly in relation to Kang. I expect the multiverse to be something similar to the Infinity Stones where it factors into multiple stories over many years and eventually culminates in a big event movie(s).

It should obviously be a major factor in the second season of Loki. Same with What If…? season 2. With the announcement of Kang in Ant-Man 3 there’s got to be some involvement there. And that’s just the stuff we know about in the near future. But yeah, I think “multiverse” is the new Infinity Stone MacGuffin for this next saga.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The Spot should be fun.
Pretty sure he was used in one of the recent Spider-Man cartoons too.

It’s too bad they aren’t using the 90’s Spider-Man in one of these that would have been great.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Sony has shared a new still of Miles and Gwen on social media. There's nothing spoilery about it, but since it is a shot from the movie, I'll hide it under spoiler tags in case anyone doesn't want to see it.

Across the Spider-Veerse still.jpeg

A new trailer will drop December 13.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The original was easily one of the better films I saw in the last decade, arguably the best of the superhero glut, and certainly the best Spidey film since Raimi's 2 in 2004.

I'm pretty excited for this.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
Wow. I was excited about this release, but that trailer did nothing for me. Just one big emotional cliche. His mom's speech wasn't inspirational, moving, or anything.

And all I get storywise is Miles wants to fit in, gets mixed up with some bad guys who he thinks understand him, and has to figure out who he really is to defeat them. Yawn.

And the animation didn't even seem anywhere as cool or innovative as the into the spiderverse.

I hope I'm wrong, we'll see.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

The first one and last one are almost certainly Miles Morales and Miguel O'Hara (. Not sure about the middle one.

The first one here is almost certainly Jessica Drew (the OG Spider-Woman), and the last one is Hobart Brown (Spider-Punk). Not sure about the middle one here, either.

The first one here is almost certainly Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider). Not sure about the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks