What's new

Spider-man 3 - On Going Developments (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm a long-time Spider-Man fan, and I don't even remember Princess Python. I looked her up, and I even have the issue in which she appeared. According to this site, she was in exactly two additional Spider-Man books. I don't think someone that minor will be appearing in one of the movies.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've always wanted to see the movies develop the Curt Conners story. I think a film featuring the Lizard would bring some of that tragic-monster storyline that early Marvel did so well and which Raimi also has a knack for.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Exactly. It should be Lizard.

Theyve already laid the groundwork mentioning Connors in the previous 2 films and showing him in 2.

I like the idea of Kraven coming to NY to hunt Spidey or The Lizard and a 3 way brawl going on.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Movie City News has the following exclusive scoop on their front page:

"Spider-Man 3 Finds Its Villain In Thomas Haden Church"

That's it! Argh!

Rhino? Sandman? Electro? Mysterio? Kraven the Hunter? Grizzly? Shocker? Venom? Vulture? Carnage?

Who will it be??

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Wow. A guy gets nominated for an Oscar, and it's like he was never Lowell Mathers.

With his voice, he sounds most like a Kraven to me.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Hard to feel like the Church is not a step down - he may be a solid actor, but I don't think he has the menace or screen presence to evoke a convincing villain.

We'll see - Raimi has made nothing but good choices so far.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
I like the idea of Electro, I'd love to see the effects for him on screen.

Of course with the villains that Spidey has there are so many good options.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
The rumour at JoBlo (from SPIDER-MAN 3 F/X artist Tim Phoenix) is that Venom* and Man-Wolf are the villains in the third installment (*Thomas Haden Church has been cast for Eddie Brock aka Venom).

Man-Wolf is an interesting character selection (he is the lycanthropic incarnation of John Jameson; full history here). I would have preferred the Lizard or Sandman, but these two could be an interesting pair on-screen.

ElAhrai

Stunt Coordinator
I'm of mixed minds on the idea of there being two villains.

On one hand there is the possibility of a really tangled interesting narrative, especially using one of the villains as a coutnerpoint to Spidey and what he could do if he didn't believe in the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" thing.

On the other hand I remember the muddled stories of the later Bat-movies.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ive always been a fan of the Venom and Carnage plot-lines. I really hope it is Venom. Its funny, cause last year I was telling my girlfriend they should use Venom in the next installment (not that she knew who it was I was talking about)

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I thought Raimi said as long as he is at the helm we will never see Venom, because quote "Venom is for squares".

Nice to see Haden Church getting a bit of a career boost lately. I've always been a fan.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think Venom could be a shark-jumping moment or the franchise but I have to trust Sam Raimi. I just really hope it's not Venom.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

Me too. I used to love him as Lowell on Wings. Funny how Hollywood works. He didnt work for years and now one good movie that shows his talent and all of Hollywood wants him.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Intersting casting Church as the new villian, I always thought James Franco would become the new Green Goblin in the next film, according to the end of Spidey 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks