Spider-Man 3 in the works?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Bill Williams, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Bill Williams

Bill Williams Screenwriter

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Not surprising at all.

3. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

Hmmm could Venom be in this one? What other spidey badguy would look good on film?

4. Jacinto

Jacinto Second Unit

Jacinto
    I'd like to see the "Kraven's Last Hunt" storyline.

5. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

If The Lizard isnt in Spidey 2 Id like to see him and maybe another.

He has so many great villians that can be used...

Shocker
    Kraven
    Electro
    Hobgoblin
    Sandman
    Mysterio

I PRAY its not Venom.

6. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Producer

7. James T

James T Screenwriter

Curt Connors is appearing in Spider-man 2, so I'm guessing the Lizard might be the villian.

And depending on how Part two plays out, Harry Osborn might be a villian as well for part three.

8. Grant H

Grant H Cinematographer

Yeah, no way Maguire could believably fight him, especially since Venom, unlike Spider-Man, has biological webshooters. Oh, wait....nevermind.[​IMG]

One thing, Toby's so small and fragile, they could get a 6'0" 170 lb. Venom and he'd look huge by comparison. No need to CG him (except his mouth). Could cut a lot of the budget. If they really wanted him over the top, they could just take some padding out of the SM suit.

Still praying Maguire calls it quits and they get someone more convincing. He can make Seabiscuit sequels if he wants.[​IMG]

He's probably locked though and it's all probably outlined by now since everyone makes these superhero movies in trilogies now.

9. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

10. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

very good news indeed and this will probably be one of the longest thread in existence by then

[​IMG]

11. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Scorpion had better be the villain, dammit! Along with Venom and Carnage, he is my favorite of the villains. Also, having him in the film would give J. Jonah Jameson a bigger role and delve deeper into his true hatred of Spider-Man.

12. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

I'd really rather they go into Harry becoming Green Goblin II, and possibly incorporating the death of Gwen Stacy in there.

13. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Venom would be difficult to pull off in a film. not the visual aspect of him, but his whole origin. They would have to really toy with his origin, mainly the costume itself, to have it work in these films and not look stupid. The only thing I can think of is a lab experiment that is being developed by someone to replicate spidermans powers for some reason. And then you follow the comic origin, having Spidey reject the living costume and have it bond with Brock. That is the difficulty with Venom, it would take at least another movie after 3 to get it set up properly.

Aside from that, I would LOVE to see a good venom in action on the big screen. A larger more powerful, and evil spidey after our fav wall crawler. That would kick ass. And if they toned down hte mouth on him, made him look more like McFarlanes maniacal venom instead of the Larsen gene simmons wanna be.

But I am looking forward to part two. I think the cast is perfect all the way, including Toby as Spidey. The moment they announced his casting for part one I knew the movie was gonna rock. He is too perfect for the role. And remember, spidey is supposed to be a nerdy shrimpy guy.

Now for a villian for part three? I personally think that a good way to bring everything full circle would be Harry becoming Hobgoblin or taking the Green Goblin mantle. The Lizard is a good possibility if it is set up correctly in part 2, which looks like it is.except some set reports and spy stuff, if they are to be believed, say that the lizard shows up in part 2 in all his glory near the end.
    Kraven would be a hard villian to do and not seem ridiculous on the screen. Shocker and Scorpion would be ok, but not great. Electro might be interesting though. Vulture would seem silly on the big screen, but works well in the comics. We shall just have to wait and see.

14. Pete-D

Pete-D Screenwriter

I think for marketing purposes the symboite/Venom storyline would work well for the third or fourth installment.

For starters it probably would grab a lot of people's attention to see Spider-Man garbed in the black costume (in the trailer/posters).

15. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Since the release date is already known, would it not make sense to have some clues already in this film and work from that

16. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma Producer

Lou Sytsma
    I'd like to see Venom myself.

17. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    IN USA today yesterday it said that Sony plans on doing 6 movies. Yikes.

18. Shawn_KE

Shawn_KE Screenwriter

6 eh. I wonder how many of those Sam will still be a part of?

19. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

He's evidently on board for #3, at least, but beyond that... I suppose it depends on the schedule. If they keep doing them every three years, I imagine it could become something Sam counts on - do a Spider-movie, spend your paycheck on an indie with Billy Bob Thornton or a horror movie, come back. Of course, that takes the characters into their mid-thirties, and if Sony wants to speed it up, they might find Sam and company less interested in making Spidey their whole life.

20. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

That is what I would be expecting.