What's new

Spider-Man 2 deals (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H

Call the store and ask, but you may not like the results. If you don't know the number, look them up at bestbuy.com like I did. No Superbit special at mine. Guess they won't get my money. Ashame. There were a couple Superbits there I'd have picked up for that price.

Ashame I missed out on the digital coupon deal.

How much you want to bet there will never be a Spidey 2.5 Superbit? Sony could learn a thing or two from Fox. Both DD releases had nice audio and video, DTS included. Plus, the first release had decent extras. People will probably have to wait for Blu-Ray for a decent 2.5 edition of S2.

James D

Second Unit
Strange that Cowboy Bebop is part of the promotion. It is not a SB title. I also read that BB gives you the last SB DVD for free, so make sure you give them the most expensive Superbit to scan last.:)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor

Well, I'm glad I was wrong about this, but I wish I would have known about it before I went in--could've saved myself about seven bucks.

Oh well. Still a good deal. I wonder if they'll change it around to where the cheapest one is automatically the free one before the promotion expires. (Incidentally, I noticed that the promotion is good until 12/11, but this is probably the best week to take advantage of it, as Spidey 2 is on sale. . .)

Greg Thomas

Second Unit

The Superbit version was $17.99 at Fry's at the SE two disc version was $13.99 today.

I picked up the Superbit DVD.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
An addition to my last post:

Even though they weren't having the sale, by Best Buy had an awful lot of SuperBit titles in the racks. Much more than usual!

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Mike, are you sure the deal would not work at the register there? Did you have them ring up Spidey 2 SB plus 2 others from the list to see if it's in the system? I've been seeing where folks have gotten the deal at stores where no signs were up and the blue-shirts had no clue about it. I hope that's what happens for you :)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
John: I considered having them try it. But, unfortunately, I had one of those all-too-typical BB experiences where I asked three different employees (including the media manager and the check-out clerk) about it and got such blank stares and less-than-helpful attitudes that I made the decision (probably incorrectly) that it wasn't worth the hassle. I always end up leaving the store feeling beaten in that situation. Its too bad.

So, unfortunately, I get the short end of the Best Buy shaft once again.

It's a pretty good promotion/value though. Too bad its regional...or just ill-advertised.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Mike, I really think you should try just taking the movies up to the register and seeing if they ring up correctly without saying anything to anybody. I think they will, think the "regional" line they gave you was BS (been reading about people with locations all over the country getting in on this deal). The gray package deal box should pop up on the register screen after the cashier totals everything (and probably after the cashier gives you a higher, incorrect total before saying, "Oh, wait..." ).

Don't give up -- get your deal! :)

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Went to first register rang up :

Spidey 2
Black Hawk Down SB
Spidey 1

gave me Spidey free...told her I was going to rethink my plans..finally after deciding that I did not want any of the others I went to CS and told them I wanted Black Hawk Down to be the free one...she rang them up in a different order and it came out fine. $33 +tx for 3 Superbit titles. :)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
As I posted in the round-up thread:

YMMV, but the local Media Play had Spider-Man 2 Superbit for $15.99 today.

Very nice.

mike.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Its been buggin' me.

John: Thank you. I took your advice.

I made a special lunch-hour trip to my local BB today. I took the Spiderman SB and two other SBs up to the register. I asked the young blue shirt if he wouldn't mind ringing them up and seeing if there was a special buy 2, get one free promotion going on. He did. There was. Again, there is not a sign to be seen anywhere around the store advertising said deal. And, there is not an employee within the store that knows anything about the deal. I thanked him, paid, and left. I will simply return the Spidey SB and Spidey 2 SB I picked up on Tuesday at a later date.

Now on the one hand, I am pleased I just got three SB titles for $39 + tax. On the other hand, I continue to be aggravated/amazed by the lack of awareness on the part of Best Buy employees. Its not like I didn't ask when I was in the first time!

I really appreciate it, though, when I pick up bargain advice/information here at the HTF that saves me $$$! :emoji_thumbsup:

A side note: The nice young fella who checked me out did ask me "what's a SuperBit"?

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
If it weren't like 30 miles away I'd have driven there to try that. I should have had the girl on the phone do some experimenting I guess instead of asking her "superiors."

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Grant: I think the lesson here is...the deal is available...whether you know it or not.

If you want the deal...and don't feel the 30 mile drive is too much...I think, based on my experience, you could feel confident that it would work for you, too.

No guarantees. It IS Best Buy, after all! :D

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
And they probably still have a selection since nobody knows about the *secret* sale...

Maybe tomorrow I can give it a shot. Think they're only open until 9 and I'm working until after 8.

Freakin' Best Buy!:)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Not only did it work, but when I went Friday there were little signs up on the shelves advertising it!!

After I called and they told me there was no such sale!!:angry:

Got the most expensive one free too when I had them ring it up last. Sweet.

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
On the Superbit deal, please note that it runs until 12/11 (although the Spideys are no longer on sale) *AND* it's now also online "for one week only": Link

Little bit of good news: Spidey 2 SB is $19.99 online vs. $22.99 in-store, and Mask of Zorro is only $14.99 :)

Bad news: The online system automatically gives you the cheapest one free, no matter the order in which you place the titles in your cart :frowning:

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Wow, that's a good price for Mask of Zorro, esp. considering it's a Superbit Deluxe. I was considering getting that one, but I have the original release and so does my dad. (From back in the day when Reel.com sent me a lot of double shipments by mistake. Between the amount of times that happened with shipments of mutliple titles and the price matching WITH coupons is it any wonder they died a horrible dot com death?) Hence, I can't give him my old one. I think he has "The Fifth Element" too (I might have even given him that one beause of a Reel mistake.) Or maybe one of us or both of us got it as part of the 3 for .99 800.com promo. Who can remember? Anyway, at least I can give him my old Once Upon a Time in Mexico. I don't even think he has Desperado though. If only there was a good deal on that Superbit somewhere.:)

In the meantime, I've got to check on that Fifth Element situation. If I'm wrong and he doesn't have it, Merry Christmas, Pops!!

Thanks for posting the Superbit deal. It's like blood in the water when I hear about them. Speaking of which, picked up Jaws DTS for under $10 at BB. Guess that's a common price online, but hadn't seen it in stores much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks