What's new

Spider in my RPTV?? (1 Viewer)

Adam_Brian

Auditioning
The other day I was watching my 51" RPTV when a small shadow appeared in the upper left hand quarter of my TV screen. A first I thought it was a smudge on the screen or a piece of dust/lint dangling down from the top of the TV. However, when I inspected more closely, I found that the shadow was inside the TV itself.

After a short time, the dangling object moved downward, and later disappeared. My guess is that it was a spider that had somehow managed to make its way inside my television.

I have to imagine that someone has had this happen to them before with an RPTV - I'm just wondering if there's anything I can really do about it if he decides to move back into the screen area (I'm not sure how I would open up the TV to clean it out). Has anyone had anything like this happen to them, and if so, did you do anything about it, or just let it be?

Thanks!
Adam

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I had one, he left within a couple of weeks.

Probably not a lot of food in there.

I haven't seen any web intruding onto the image. I'll be opening the set in a few months for a lens cleaning, so I'll look for any web residue while I'm in there.

Andrew W

Supporting Actor
I had some kind of weird beetle walk across the inside screen once. My TV is in front of the fireplace, so bugs can get into that part of the room more easily. I do try to open up my RPTV and vacuum and clean the lenses every six months or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks