What's new

Spice World Full Frame at Walmart (1 Viewer)

Jared Reich

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone been able to find spice world at walmart in widescreen version. All I found was the full screen one in the 5.50 bin

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Every site that I went to that had information on the aspect ratios said that the disc contains the widescreen and full frame versions of the film.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Columbia has been quietly removing the widescreen version of several films that previously contained both P&S and WS. They were usually flippers, and are now one-sided P&S only. These tend to be titles reduced to about $10 retail, which is still $10 too much.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
I'm beginning to think Canada got all the WS/FS versions of SpiceWorld. My local Walmart had a tonne of them during their boxing day blowout, which up here lasts for about three weeks. They we're $6.88 Canadian and I'm afraid I must admit I bought one. Oh, the shame. I actually thought this film might age better than it has. Perhaps I'll look at it again in ten years and see.

Michael Young

Stunt Coordinator
My last visit to Wal-mart drove me nuts. So many DVD's that were nice priced that I wanted. All of them were foolscreen. The only widescreen titles they had were Widescreen releases only.

Josh Sieg

Second Unit
2 DVDs for 11 bucks is a steal! I wish I could find some good ones. I got Rambo 2 and 3 from there once. But fullscreen is so 'popular' amongst families. It's too bad!!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

There it is - your official Inevitable First Threadcrap! Frankly, I'm shocked this thread made it to seven posts before this happened, but I still thought I should commemorate the event...

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Wow didn't know that using a DVD-5 instead of a DVD-10 could make so much of a difference in cost :rolleyes

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
As mentioned, Columbia released a lot of the previous flippers as fullscreen only. Who knows why, but they did it.

They are all open matte titles though. No panning and scanning.

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Idle Hands for $5.50? It's a horrible movie, but I'd say the price is well worth it for seeing Jessica Alba in that angel costume...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks