SPHE Press Release: VIP: The Complete First Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Sexy Suspense and Adventure Await …

VIP:
    THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Television’s Hottest Blonde Bombshell, Pamela Anderson,
    Stars in Sexy Whodunit Series Debuting on DVD March 14

Culver City, Calif. (January 2, 2006) – Television’s hottest blonde bombshell, Pamela Anderson (TV’s “Baywatch,” “Stacked”), bursts onto DVD March 14 with VIP: The Complete First Season. Also starring Molly Culver, Shaun Baker, Natalie Raitano, Leah Lail and Angelie Brooks, the five-disc set features all 22 episodes and new bonus materials, and will be available for $49.95 SLP from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Vallery Irons (Pamela Anderson) is living an ordinary life as a counter girl at a hot dog stand when she accidentally saves a big action star from a crazed fan. Suddenly, she finds herself thrown into a whole new world of action and danger as the head of a Hollywood protection agency (V.I.P. or Vallery Irons Protection), risking her life to protect her clients. Despite her lack of experience, she uses her personal instincts, a hapless ability to land on her feet, and a keen fashion sense to become one of L.A.’s leading personal security consultants.

VIP’s first season includes guest appearances by Jay Leno (TV’s “The Tonight Show”), Pauly Shore (TV’s “Minding the Store”), singer Marie Osmond, Jerry Springer, Morgan Fairchild (TV’s “But Can They Sing?”), Erik Estrada (TV’s “Chips”), Ian Ziering (TV’s “Beverly Hills, 90120”), C. Thomas Howell (The Outsiders), Robin Leach (TV’s “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous”), Sherman Hemsley (TV’s “The Jeffersons”), magicians Penn & Teller, singer Sheila E, and more.

Pamela Anderson was a fitness instructor in British Columbia when she was discovered at a football game by a beer company and, after becoming their spokeswoman, parlayed the exposure into becoming one of the most famous Playboy Playmates in history. The most downloaded and requested actress on the internet, Ms. Anderson has appeared on TV’s “Home Improvement” and “Baywatch.” She currently stars in UPN’s hit sitcom “Stacked.”

VIP: The Complete First Season DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
    Full Screen Presentations
    Commentary with Executive Producers Jonathan Lawton and Morgan Gendel, Actress Natalie Raitano and Writer Steve Kirozere on “Val the hard Way”
    Featurette: Behind the Scenes
    Featurette: Introduction to “Bloody Val-Entine” Episode
    Featurette: Introduction to “Diamonds Are a Val’s Best Friend” Episode
    Featurette: Introduction to “Three Days to Kill” episode
    Audio: English (stereo)
    Closed Captioned

VIP: The Complete First Season episodes include:

Beats Working at a Hot Dog Stand
    What to Do with Vallery When
    You’re Dead
    One Wedding and Val's Funeral
    Bloody Val-Entine
    Scents and Sensibility
    Diamonds Are a Val's Best Friend
    Deconstructing Peri
    Val Got Game
    Vallery of the Dolls
    Midnight in the Garden of Ronnie
    Beeman
    Good Val Hunting
    Escape from Val-Catraz
    The Last Temptation of Val
    Val Under Siege with a Vengeance
    Val on the Run
    Thunder Val
    The Quiet Brawler
    K-Val
    Mud Slide Val
    Raging Val
    Three Days to Kill
    Val the Hard Way

VIP: The Complete First Season has a run time of approximately 972 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog #13665
    UPC Code: 0-43396-13665-6
    DVD Order Date: 2/9/06
    SLP: $49.95

2. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    TV Shows on DVD and DVD Active say this will be widescreen with DVD Active quoting anamorphic. But IMDb says 1.33:1.

3. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

same possible confusion as "She Spies". It was shot wide but the press-releases say full.

And Amazon says WIDESCREEN for both V.I.P. and She Spies... so who knows.

4. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
    Digitally Obsessed has the same press release:

http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/sho...elease&ID=6145

It says "full screen" whereas the other two sites I mentioned do not list the actual press release; they say it in their own words. But of course, press releases have been wrong. Their link goes to the Amazon listing.

We need to see a large back cover shot.

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I always though Leah Lail was the cutest. [​IMG]

6. Keith I

Keith I FoS

Keith
  7. Mark Oates

Mark Oates Supporting Actor

Just got the "She Spies" set, and that is definitely 1.33:1. I'm a little puzzled as the image doesn't look as cropped as the tx I watched of the show on the Sci-Fi Channel, although it must be if the show was shot 16:9. The lack of subtitling for HOH (closed captions only) is a bit of a disappointment but the improvement on the appalling presentation by the Sci-Fi Channel is huge.

Roll on S2 and hopefully OAR.

8. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I did request a review screener for VIP, but never received one. Sorry, guys. These were both fun shows.