SPHE Press Release: The Net 2.0

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    DENTITY CRISIS IN ISTANBUL

THE NET 2.0

- Action-Packed Sequel to The Net Hits the Streets on DVD February 7 -

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (November 28, 2005) – Experience the fear and turmoil of having your identity stolen when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases The Net 2.0 to DVD on February 7. Nikki Deloach (TV’s North Shore) stars as Hope Cassidy, a young computer analyst attempting to clear her name and reclaim her life, in this griping sequel to The Net (1995, Sandra Bullock). Directed by Irwin Winkler (Shackles) and produced by Charles Winkler (The Net, Rocky II-V), The Net 2.0 will be available for an SLP of $24.96 and is a must-have DVD for action enthusiasts looking to complement their collections.

Synopsis:

Hope Cassidy (Deloach) sets off to start her new job in Istanbul as a computer systems analyst in this suspense thriller. Upon arrival, she finds that her credit cards and bank account are deactivated and her identity stolen. Cassidy is given a new identity – one with a criminal record. Local hair dresser ZZ hi-jacks Cassidy’s job, leaving the real Cassidy stranded, jobless and on the run, accused of stealing $14 million and murdering a police officer.

DVD BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE

Filmmakers commentary

The Net 2.0 is has a run time of approx. 93 minutes and is rated R. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog #: 13487
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-13487-4
    DVD Order Date: 12/29/05
    DVD SLP: $24.96

2. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

This sounds more like a remake instead of a sequel. Still, I look forward to seeing it as "The Net" is one of my favourite movies of all time. [​IMG]

3. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

I still want to see The Net TV series released to DVD.