What's new

SPHE Press Release: The Mask of Zorro (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png

7615f84d-0166-4959-8185-e3c196273fe9.png

THE SWASHBUCKLING FAVORITE DEBUTS
ON 4K ULTRA HD MAY 5TH

STARRING ACADEMY AWARD®-NOMINEE ANTONIO BANDERAS
(2019, BEST ACTOR, PAIN AND GLORY), AND ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS
ANTHONY HOPKINS (1991, BEST ACTOR, THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS)
AND CATHERINE ZETA-JONES (2002, BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS, CHICAGO)

4K ULTRA HD DISC INCLUDES NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN DELETED SCENES!

THE 2005 SEQUEL THE LEGEND OF ZORRO IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN 4K DIGITAL ON MAY 5TH VIA PARTICIPATING DIGITAL PLATFORMS
1fcc1348-42c0-47c6-af1e-47abf6767b72.jpg

SYNOPSIS
When a power-crazed despot schemes to buy California from Mexico, it takes two Zorros--the legendary Don Diego de la Vega (Anthony Hopkins) and his chosen successor Alejandro Murrieta (Antonio Banderas), a dashing bandit-turned-hero-- to defeat the tyrant's unscrupulous plans. But can even their combined skills, bravado and derring-do be enough to achieve de la Vega's ultimate goal: revenge against the man who killed his wife, kidnapped his daughter and held him prisoner for twenty years?

BONUS MATERIALS4K ULTRA HD BONUS MATERIALS:
• Never-Before-Seen Deleted Scenes
• Theatrical Trailers

BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIALS:
• Director Commentary
• “Unmasking Zorro” Documentary
• 2 Deleted Scenes
• Music Video by Marc Anthony and Tina Arena

CAST AND CREWCast: Antonio Banderas, Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Stuart Wilson, Matt Letscher
Director: Martin Campbell
Story by: Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio and Randall Jahnson
Screenplay by: John Eskow and Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
Co-Producer: John Gertz
Executive Producers: Steven Spielberg, Walter F. Parkes, Laurie MacDonald
Producers: Doug Claybourne and David Foster

DETAILS
  • Scanned from the original camera negative at 4K resolution and presented with High Dynamic Range and an all-new Dolby Atmos audio mix, in addition to the original 5.1 theatrical audio
  • THE MASK OF ZORRO will also be available to buy in 4K with HDR on participating digital platforms on the same day
  • The 2005 sequel THE LEGEND OF ZORRO will also be available for digital purchase in 4K with HDR on May 5th via participating digital platforms
Run Time: 136 minutes
Rating: Rated PG-13 for some intense action and violence

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Scanned from the original camera negative at 4K resolution and presented with High Dynamic Range and an all-new Dolby Atmos audio mix, in addition to the original 5.1 theatrical audio.

Awesome!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
The original is superior to the sequel, but why not put both out on physical on the same day? I'm not understanding the logic unless it's an experiment to see if consumers will buy both for a complete set.

I'm in for this...I've always been a fan of pure fun this movie exudes.

Mark VH

Second Unit
Would definitely consider buying this. Mask of Zorro was one of the first DVDs I bought back in the late '90s and haven't owned the film in any other format. I'd say an upgrade is justifiable.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So the new deleted scenes are only on the 4K disc?

I'd really like to see those, but since I'm not 4K equipped I will probably pass.

The original is superior to the sequel, but why not put both out on physical on the same day?

Sony also brought the first Charlie's Angels film to 4K but not the second one in the run-up to the robot theatrical release. So their inconsistency is, well, consistent for them.

That being said, this is one of those cases where I like to pretend the sequel never happened.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Sony also brought the first Charlie's Angels film to 4K but not the second one in the run-up to the robot theatrical release. So their inconsistency is, well, consistent for them.

I thought the "CA" situation made sense. Sony felt they could sell 4K discs for the first film but not the less popular sequel.

Same logic applies here!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just preordered (thanks Ron!) but that price is gonna hafta drop a bit for the preorder to stick.

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
Interesting, not a title I expected to see on UHD. I haven’t watched it since the above mentioned DVD release.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
So, there seems to be some confusion about whether this will actually release next Tuesday. I had ordered a copy (along with some other discs) from Bull Moose earlier this week, but they're now showing the release date as "1/1/2025" (obviously a placeholder for an unknown date). Some people in the thread at blu-ray.com have ordered it from Best Buy, who has told them it's shipping. So Bull Moose seems to be the only place that thinks it's delayed.

I cancelled it from my Bull Moose order, and placed an order with Best Buy. We'll have to see what happens.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, there seems to be some confusion about whether this will actually release next Tuesday. I had ordered a copy (along with some other discs) from Bull Moose earlier this week, but they're now showing the release date as "1/1/2025" (obviously a placeholder for an unknown date). Some people in the thread at blu-ray.com have ordered it from Best Buy, who has told them it's shipping. So Bull Moose seems to be the only place that thinks it's delayed.

I cancelled it from my Bull Moose order, and placed an order with Best Buy. We'll have to see what happens.
My "Radio Flyer' has been delayed at Target so I'm expecting this title to be delayed there too due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

Amazon is sticking to delivery by May 7 for my preorder, so we'll see. I won't be heartbroken if it does get delayed, but as of right now, we're still on target for new week.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

My order from Target has been delayed with an estimated shipped date from May May 6th to May 18th. Based on prior experience, it could be delayed even further.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
I also got the email this morning about the delay. Another not good sign is it looks like it has been removed from Target's website. Cannot find it through search and when I try to find the item going through my existing order the page comes up "product not available".

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
My Amazon order for this title is still showing an estimated arrival of Thursday the 7th. Not that that actually MEANS anything, of course. ;)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Best Buy happily took my order, and they still have the disc listed on their website, with a "free Shipping: Get it by Thu, May 7" notation. On the other hand, when I look at my order, it's said "Getting it Ready" for the last several days, and they still think it'll be "Arriving Tomorrow". That ship has sailed, unless they overnight it to me. But I don't think I've ever ordered anything from bestbuy.com that has gotten to me when they said it would get to me, even if it's only a couple of days late. So I wasn't expecting this on Tuesday no matter what.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Now my BB order status says "Delayed" and "We're sorry, we're working on getting it to you soon. If we can't ship it by Tue, May 12, we'll let you know and cancel the order."

In other news, if you tried to order it now on BB, it still gives a 5/5 release date, but says "Get it by Tue, Jun 9".

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Now my BB order status says "Delayed" and "We're sorry, we're working on getting it to you soon. If we can't ship it by Tue, May 12, we'll let you know and cancel the order."

In other news, if you tried to order it now on BB, it still gives a 5/5 release date, but says "Get it by Tue, Jun 9".
Yup, it's a supply chain issue in which some retailers have a limited supply and some don't have any at all. Luckily for me, I have thousands of movies on disc and digital that I don't mind waiting as it gives me more time to work on my unwatched pile of movies. I wasn't about to cancel this order from Target because I preordered it during one of their "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sales. The same with "Radio Flyer"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks