What's new

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I took a look at the new guns of Navarone 4K disc. There is a definite bump in the sound for the picture quality still works brown muddy and grainy. I guess that’s the way the film always looked.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I think an “anti-war movie” can in a broader sense still be called a war movie insomuch as it depicts war. They also tend to be much more realistic depictions of war than the average fare, which I think is Edwin’s point.
Frankly, many "War" films can be considered anti-war films especially if they detail realistic battle sequences. The horrors of war should never be taken lightly as been the case for so many movies.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
I took a look at the new guns of Navarone 4K disc. There is a definite bump in the sound for the picture quality still works brown muddy and grainy. I guess that’s the way the film always looked.
I'll see for myself once my disc from BB makes it to me. At times, I wonder what people expected with these discs as some people complain about film grain while others complain it doesn't look like film because of the lack of film grain.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I'll see for myself once my disc from BB makes it to me. At times, I wonder what people expected with these discs as some people complain about film grain while others complain it doesn't look like film because of the lack of film grain.
I meant to say muddy and brown.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
iTunes is advertising Guns of Navarone as 4K HDR…..sadly it is in only in 4K
My digital copy redeemed only in 4K….
No HDR.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
No HDR.
It's been 4K without HDR since January on iTunes. Lets hope this isn't another Sony snafu and that HDR is applied in the near future.

Ken Koc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
iTunes false advertising

Attachments

• 09811DEE-3BE9-47CD-B14B-AD2AD976F9F9.jpeg
    09811DEE-3BE9-47CD-B14B-AD2AD976F9F9.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 11

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
PQ is Better than the Bluray and the Atmos sound is Great !! The planes are all around me. Explosions are Loud ! I never heard the sound this Good. Trailer was also restored, it looks Excellent. Very happy with this 4K Upgrade. Bring on the the individual Bluray for Lawrence for 2022 !!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I wasn't sure whether it was worth upgrading this from the Blu-ray I have but it was released in the UK this week and I'm glad I bought it. I haven't compared the picture that much but the sound is vastly better - incredibly powerful.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
No HDR.
Send an e-mail to [email protected]

Sony has been really slow in getting the newer digital versions out to retailers lately, and many are also missing Dolby Atmos tracks (I believe LOA is still only 5.1 on iTunes) at most retailers, especially on the Movies Anywhere app.

Old Bones

Grip
Real Name
William
Obviously I can't play it back in 25.2 channels man but the improvement does come across in 5.1.
When I switch back and forth between the Atmos and 5.1 the bass difference very stricking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliwilliams12
Recent bookmarks