SPHE Press Release: The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    One of History’s Most Controversial Battles Between Faith and Logic Comes to Special Edition DVD, VHS and for PSP

THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE

- Possess the Demons who Haunt Emily Rose on December 20 -
    - Available on DVD, VHS and for PSP -

Culver City, Calif. (December 19, 2005) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment brings the haunting demonic tale of a young girl possessed to viewers’ living rooms with the release of THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE to Special Edition DVD, VHS and for PSP on December 20. The film, based on the controversial true story, chronicles the haunting trial of a priest accused of negligent homicide when an attempted exorcism resulted in the death of a 19-year-old college freshman believed to be possessed. Playing to moviegoers’ fascination for the supernatural, the thriller was an immediate box-office hit, grossing more than $75 million. The Special Edition DVD boasts several exclusive added value features, and for extreme horror film fanatics, will also be released in an unrated version with never-before-seen footage. The hair-raising thriller is available December 20 on Special Edition DVD ($28.95 SRP), VHS and for PSP ($28.95 SRP) from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Featuring an all-star cast of Academy Award® nominees including Laura Linney (Kinsey, Love Actually), Tom Wilkinson (In the Bedroom, Batman Begins), Shohreh Aghdashloo (House of Sand & Fog, TV’s “24”) and Campbell Scott (The Spanish Prisoner, Roger Dodger), THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE is a must-have addition for every horror film library, and a haunting movie experience for all film-goers.

THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE SYNOPSIS:

Emily was an average teenage girl who was the target of terrifying demonic forces that would ultimately shock a town and torment her soul. But was she, as many believed, possessed? In an attempt to clear the clergyman (Tom Wilkinson) who exorcised Emily, a skeptical attorney (Laura Linney) awakens to the discovery that powerful spiritual forces may exist.

SPECIAL EDITION FEATURES:

· Genesis of the story featurette
    · Visual design featurette
    · Casting the film featurette
    · Director and cast commentary
    · Deleted scenes

Rated Version: PG-13 for thematic material, including intense/frightening sequences and disturbing images.

DVD Catalog #: 13109
    UMD Catalog # 13112
    VHS Catalog#: 13897
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-13109-5
    UMD UPC Code: 0-43396-13112-5
    VHS UPC Code: 0-43396-13897-1
    DVD & UMD SLP: $28.95
    DVD, VHS and PSP Order Date: 11/17/05

Unrated Version:

DVD Catalog #: 13677
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-13677-9
    DVD SLP: $28.95
    Order Date: 11/17/05

2. Kami

Kami Screenwriter

I watched this DVD last night. Skipped it in the theater, overall I enjoyed the film. Don't go in expecting a horror - it's more of a courtroom drama with some demons thrown in.

One thing I must comment on is the bass. This whole disc is one big subwoofer demo. It really surprised me...and my SVS!

The movie uses bass to scare you.

3. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    FYI: I will be posting a review of this disc (the unrated version) sometime in the next couple of days.

4. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

I thought the movie was excellent. Made me jump a couple of times even though it is not meant to be a horror movie. Think the bass had something to do with it. [​IMG]