SPHE Press Release: Snatch Deluxe Edition with "Poker Kit"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Take a Trip Back to Guy Ritchie’s Rough and Tumble World of Stealing Stones and Breaking Bones with a Colorful All-Star Cast

SNATCH: DELUXE EDITION with “POKER KIT”

– Coming for you on January 3rd from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment –

– Available on DVD –

Culver City, Calif. (November 11, 2005) – On January 3, Brad Pitt, Benicio Del Toro, Jason Statham, Dennis Farina and Don Cheadle return to expose fans to their hip and helter-skelter lifestyle in London’s gangster underbelly when SNATCH: DELUXE EDITION arrives on DVD along with a SNATCH-branded “Poker Kit”, including a deck of cards, dealer chip, plus a collectible scrapbook, featuring behind-the-scenes details on how Ritchie’s slick and witty sophomore effort was brought to the big screen!

SNATCH is a sinister and side-splitting film about a diamond heist gone wrong, an Irish gypsy turned prizefighter and a volatile dog. Things go from bad to worse as a group of low-level gangsters all pursue the same prize – a stolen, 84-carat diamond. Guy Ritchie, one of Britain’s most talked-about directors, brings audiences this highly-stylized crime caper film after his critically acclaimed debut in 1998 with Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Watching bold, brash characters like Bullet Tooth Tony (Vinnie Jones), Brick Top (Alan Ford), Franky Four Fingers (Benicio Del Toro) and Turkish (Jason Statham) interact as plans go awry is part of the fun for viewers. The star-studded cast of SNATCH manages to find the humor in all sorts of sticky situations that make the film anything but conventional.

SYNOPSIS:

SNATCH tells the gritty tale of how a jewel thief’s detour to London while en route to New York to deliver a stolen diamond sets off an avalanche of twisted events involving bare-knuckle boxing, Irish gypsies, pawn shops and pig farming. When the thief is robbed of the stone, the hunt for the missing gem launches everyone into a spiral of double-crossing vendettas and personal agendas.

SNATCH: DELUXE EDITION will be available on DVD for $19.94 SLP.

SNATCH DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:

· Exclusive SNATCH “Poker Kit” including Playing Cards and Dealer Chip
    · Bonus Scrapbook
    · Collectible packaging

Rated: R
    Color / Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 103 Minutes
    DVD Catalog #: 11694
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-11694-8
    DVD Order Date: 12/1/05
    DVD SLP: $19.94

2. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

I love this movie (and Lock, Stock), but where did Don Cheadle come from?

And what does a "Poker Kit" have to do with the movie? Poker wasn't exactly a main part of the plot. I'd expect the extras to relate to the movie in some way. But I'm not remembering any major scenes revolving around poker. A "Poker Kit" would make more sense bundled with Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, but I don't see how it fits here.

And just to verify that I've not gone mad, I guess it's time to watch the movie again.[​IMG]

3. Bob clamer

Bob clamer Supporting Actor

Looking forward to this.

4. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    I'll re-post the only useful (??) thing I said from the lost thread: the 2-disc SuperBit Deluxe with dts is only $12 at amazon, even cheaper elsewhere sometimes.

Is this release better? I think the opinion from the other thread is this release is desperate and ridiculous. Might as well have Bambi with a "poker kit" for the relevance of the tie-in...

5. Matt Fisher

Matt Fisher Second Unit

ya i just picked up the 2-disc Superbit at BestBuy a week or 2 ago for $10, how much better can they do? wont this be like the 4th release for this film already?

6. Elijah Sullivan

Elijah Sullivan Supporting Actor

This new disc is the SuperBit DVD with a bonus disc, poker kit, scrapbook and new packaging.

Dunno if it's the same bonus disc as before - sounds like probably so.

HOWEVER - disc one advertises a commentary that I cannot find for the life of me. I'm guessing either the specs on the packaging are wrong or the discs were mis-printed. Either way... weird.

7. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig

That's the "poker" part of the kit![​IMG]

Edit: The Superbit doesn't mention a commentary for the feature, in fact it specifically says all extra features are on Disc 2. It does have a commentary for the deleted scenes on disc 2. Disc 2 isn't labelled SB, it has a graphic, main color is red (might help you tell if it looks the same).

8. CameronMcC

CameronMcC Second Unit

is this the US cut, or the UK cut. They have released seperate R1 standard dvds but only the US cut was superbit.

9. CraigF

CraigF Cinematographer

Craig
    Another poke: I looked at this package today and it apparently doesn't have the dts track, not listed anyway. So then, it's NOT exactly the same discs as in the SuperBit Deluxe release.