1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

SPHE Press Release: Private Resort

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 15, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    JOHNNY DEPP AND ROB MORROW
    STAR IN THE HILARIOUS TEEN COMEDY

PRIVATE RESORT

- Available on DVD June 27 -

Culver City, Calif. (April 17, 2006) – MGM Home Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment release the teen comedy Private Resort on DVD June 27. Directed by George Bowers (Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, How Stella Got Her Groove Back), Private Resort stars two-time Oscar® nominee Johnny Depp (Finding Neverland, Pirates of the Caribbean, Platoon) and Rob Morrow in his film debut (TV’s “Numb3rs,” “Northern Exposure,” Going Shopping) as two teen boys who explore their curiosity of women while vacationing at a luxurious resort hotel. The film also stars Hector Elizondo (Princess Diaries, Pretty Woman, “Chicago Hope”), Emilt Longstreth (Pretty in Pink, American Drive-in), Karyn O’Bryan (Evil Laugh, “The A-Team”) and Dody Goodman (Splash, Cool As Ice). Private Resort will be available on DVD for an SRP of $14.94.

Synopsis:

In Private Resort, teen buddies Ben (Depp) and Jack (Morrow) are weekend guests at a posh Miami resort where they’re in search of beautiful, wealthy women. Also on the prowl is the Maestro (Elizondo), a skilled jewel thief who evades detection by cross-dressing as a woman when he steals the diamond necklace of society woman Amanda Rawlings (Goodman). When the teen boys accidentally encounter the Maestro, Ben and Jack suddenly find they have their hands full with more than they can handle.

DVD Catalog #: 14966
    DVD UPC Code: 0-433961-49663
    DVD Order Date: 5/25/2006
    DVD SLP: $14.94

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Forget Depp and Morrow! This one has the lovely Leslie Easterbrook wearing one of the finest see-thru nighties in movie history!

3. Sam H

Sam H Second Unit

I'm really not sure what it is about this movie, but it's always been one of my absolute favorite 'guilty pleasures' over the years. I've come across 2 LaserDisc copies over the years and now it looks like time to part with one of them. Any word on whether or not this will be 16x9? Not exactly a hot title, but Depp's name is probably good enough for a modest gain.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Yes, it is anamorphic.

I don't think I'll be able to review this due to some higher-profile titles coming out on the same day, but maybe Cam can give it a look.

5. Sam H

Sam H Second Unit

Sounds great! I honestly never thought this would see a widescreen transfer, yet alone a DVD release. Now if RAD and The Wizard can get similar treatment I'll be a happy guy.