SPHE Press Release: Married...With Children: The Complete Sixth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    There Goes the Neighborhood …
    Because the Bundys Are Back on DVD December 19

MARRIED … WITH CHILDREN:
    THE COMPLETE SIXTH SEASON

Ed O’Neill, Katey Sagal, Christina Applegate & David Faustino
    Return for 26 Episodes of Mad Mayhem

Culver City, Calif. (October 9, 2006) – The always outrageous and politically incorrect Bundys are back on DVD for another season of smashing taboos when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases Married … with Children: The Complete Sixth Season on December 19. All 26 episodes featuring the most wretched family ever to tickle the funnybone are included in a three-disc boxed set. The series will be available for $39.95 SRP.

Changing the face of family sitcoms forever, Married … with Children premiered on FOX April 5, 1987, and lasted for 267 episodes over 11 seasons. The series was nominated for seven Golden Globes® and seven Emmy Awards® over the course of its run, including best actor and best actress nominations for Ed O’Neill and Katey Sagal.

Married … with Children still reigns as one of the most shocking TV comedies ever produced and the sixth season is no exception. The Bundy family – led by ever-scheming Al (Ed O’Neil of Spartan), tousled housewife Peg (Katey Sagal of TV’s “8 Simple Rules”), promiscuous yet naive daughter Kelly (Christina Applegate of Anchorman), and sexually frustrated son Bud (David Faustino of Killer Bud) -- continuing to live their daily lives in complete disarray. Kelly lands her own talk show, Al gets a job as a private detective, Bud dates an extreme sporter, Peg and Marcy (Amanda Bearse) discover that they are both pregnant, and Steve Rhoades (David Garrison) returns to reclaim his wife. The season climaxes with a three-part episode in which the Bundys visit England.

Guest stars this season include Joey Lauren Adams (Chasing Amy), Matt LeBlanc (TV’s “Friends”), Jon Lovitz (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”), Denise Richards (Wild Things, The World Iis Not Enough), Traci Lords (TV’s “Roseanne”), William Sanderson (TV’s “Deadwood”), Wendie Jo Sperber (Back to the Future, TV’s “Bosom Buddies”), Fred Willard (For Your Consideration, A Mighty Wind), Edd Byrnes (TV’s “77 Sunset Strip”), baseball player Steve Carlton, boxer Sugar Ray Leonard, football player Ed “Too Tall” Jones, and the heavy metal band Anthrax.

Married … with Children: The Complete Sixth Season episodes include:

She’s Having a Baby: Part 1
    She’s Having a Baby: Part 2
    If Al Had a Hammer
    Cheese, Cues, and Blood
    Lookin’ For a Desk in All the Wrong Places
    Buck Has a Belly Ache
    If I Could See Me Now
    God’s Shoes
    Kelly Does Hollywood: Part 1
    Kelly Does Hollywood: Part 2
    Al Bundy, Shoe Dick
    So This Is How Sinatra Felt
    I Who Have Nothing
    The Mystery of Skull Island
    Just Shoe It
    Rites of Passage
    The Egg and I
    My Dinner with Anthrax
    Psychic Avengers
    Hi, I.Q.
    Teacher’s Pets
    The Goodbye Girl
    The Gas Station Show
    England Show I
    England Show II
    England Show III

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
    Full Screen Presentations
    Audio: English (Stereo)
    Bonus Previews
    Closed Captioned

BROADCAST YEAR: 1991-1992

Married … with Children: The Complete Sixth Season has a run time of approximately 600 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 15980
    UPC Code: 0-43396-15980-8
    Order Date: 11/16/06
    SLP: $39.95

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    YES!! I thought we'd have to wait until sometime next year for season 6! I'm glad Sony decided to put out 2 sets this year. Hopefully we'll see S7 and S8 in 2007.

Season 6 is one of my favorites. I love the 3-parter England episode. Funny as hell. After this we'll be past the halfway mark with this series. Being a huge fan of this show, and having recorded every episode from when I was younger, I am so ecstatic about owning all 11 seasons on DVD. This press release just made my day.

3. Jeff*H

Jeff*H Supporting Actor

Jeff
    Let's hope there is no music substitution for "I'm Too Sexy" in the England 3-parter. That scene where they try on clothes and Al dances is priceless. Any other song would be unfortunate.

4. WillG

WillG Producer

Personally speaking, if I don't get to hear "I'm Too Sexy" I'll live. But I guess it would look weird with the shot where Bud is lip synching to the song.

Has there been any music substitution with the show so far? (Besides, of course, the theme song)

5. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    If I'm not mistaken, there was music replaced in a first season episode where Steve and Marcy babysit Bud and Kelly. I believe the song blaring during the party was supposed to be "Fight For Your Right" by the Beastie Boys. The song in its place was something I'd never heard before.

But yeah, I forgot all about "I'm Too Sexy" in the one England episode. I also hope they managed to secure the rights to that. The scene just wouldn't be the same without it.

6. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Christian Preischl
    For what it's worth: The German set is already out. It features the same replacement title music as the R1 sets, but all the in-episode music seems to have been cleared, including "I'm too sexy". So it's looking good.

Chris

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I better catch up and grab S5. [​IMG]

8. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

can't wait. I never thought this show would see DVDs past season 3...I will take what I can get.

9. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I'm glad the show is still going and is about halfway done by now. I'll have to watch these eps again but I think it this point the quality of the serires has started to go down. Far too much reliance at this point on vulgar comedy without the mixture of wry intelligence that it had in the early years.

Also for those you haven't seen this season or have forgotten this is the infamous year where Katey Sagal became pregnant in real-life and the pregnancy was written into the show as an inspired and outrageous plot twist (Marcy was also made pregnant). Ms. Sagal lost the baby in real life and while she was away from the show Peggy's pregnancy had to be explained away as having been a dream.

10. Mike Heenan

Mike Heenan Second Unit

I suppose it's too early but does anyone know if these will be complete episodes or just a mixed batch with syndicated ones. Also, on the London episodes, I recall the syndicated episode had different scenes... it's been so long since I seen it though my mind might be playing tricks on me. Anyone remember this? I think the part where they steal the silverware and such wasn't in the original episode.

11. Daniel-M

Daniel-M Second Unit

hey the 7th season is also released in Gemany