SPHE Press Release: MARRIED…WITH CHILDREN: The Complete Fourth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    The Family That Put FUN in Dysfunction Returns!

MARRIED…WITH CHILDREN:
    The Complete Fourth Season
    Debuts on DVD on August 30, 2005

The Season Where Steve Finally Decides to Chuck It All and Leave Marcy and the 'Burbs…

Culver City, Ca. (June 20, 2005) – Television’s favorite dysfunctional family returns August 30 with the fourth season from the classic 1980s sitcom parody Married…With Children on DVD from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. All 23 episodes from the fourth season of this sharp comedy are available in one three-disc set. MARRIED…WITH CHILDREN: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON will sell for $39.95 SLP.

The offbeat Bundy family features patriarch Al (Ed O’Neill), wife Peg (Katey Sagal), daughter Kelly (Christina Applegate) and son Bud (David Faustino) living in total disharmony. While they try to survive a generally miserable middle-class existence, neighbors Steve and Marcy Rhoades attempt to keep their property values from plummeting.

When the show premiered in 1987, the series changed the face of family sitcoms forever with its bawdy humor and campy characters. It continued to rank among the most popular shows on television for 11 seasons. Married…With Children still reigns as one of the most outrageous TV comedies ever produced. Now fans can add this new collection to their TV DVD library for the ultimate in classic comedy.
    -more-
    MARRIED…WITH CHILDREN: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON features the following episodes:

1. HOT OFF THE GRILL
    2.DEAD MEN DONT DO AEROBICS
    3.BUCK SAVES THE DAY
    4.TOOTH AND CONSEQUENCES
    5.HE AIN'T MUCH, BUT HE'S MINE
    6.FAIR EXCHANGE
    7.DESPERATELY SEEKING MISS OCTOBER
    8.976-SHOE
    9.OH, WHAT A FEELING
    10.AT THE ZOO
    11.WHO'LL STOP THE RAIN
    12.IT'S A BUNDYFUL LIFE I
    13.IT'S A BUNDYFUL LIFE II
    14.ROCK & ROLL GIRL
    15.A TAXING PROBLEM
    16.YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO FOLD 'EM I
    17.YOU GOTTA KNOW WHEN TO FOLD 'EM II
    18.WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
    19.RAIN GIRL
    20.PEGGY TURNS 300
    21.PEGGY MADE A LITTLE LAMB
    22.THE AGONY OF DE FEET
    23.YARD SALE

DVD Special Features Include:
    •Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
    •Full Screen Presentations
    •Audio: English (Stereo)
    •Episode Selections
    •Bonus Previews

DVD Specs:
    •Running Time: 552 minutes
    •Not Rated / Color
    •Closed Captioned
    •Broadcast Year: 1990 - 1991
    •Price $39.95 SLP
    •DVD Catalogue #11467 / UPC code 0-43396-11467-8
    •Order Date: 7/28/05

2. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

Awesome!!! Does this release has some sort of packaging as well? One of them cardboard thingies? Or the much thinner ones that is much harder?

3. WillG

WillG Producer

Reminder, according to early reviews, seven episodes in this set are the edited syndication versions.

Caveat Emptor

4. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Yeah 7 edited episodes with no explanation...sometimes I feel like going all Al Bundy on Sony, I really do.

Lets rock.

5. Magnus T

Magnus T Supporting Actor

If this is true then CHTV is really shooting themselves in the foot. I will NOT buy this set if this is true. Fat chance of CHTV rectifying the problem too... [​IMG]

6. Mark Lx

Mark Lx Second Unit

Why edit seven of them? Is that for censorship?

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

No one knows for sure but it just seems like a (dumb) mistake. If they intended to use syndicated prints, then probably all the episodes would have been syndicated. Maybe the syndicated prints of those episodes were easier to find? I'm sure they're not going to too much trouble for the release.

8. Eric James

Eric James Agent

Whats worse is that RAIN GIRL is unedited on the best of disk.

9. PhilipG

PhilipG Cinematographer

Yeah, that would be great, but what would really be special would be to have some sort of decriptive text on the discs, like, I don't know, "disc 1 side A". It's probably too late to request that special feature though.

10. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Don't forget the theme song!!! [​IMG]

11. Bill Parisho

Bill Parisho Stunt Coordinator

Well let's see: They didn't use the original theme song (again). They don't indicate each side of each disc. They give us seven edited episodes. And probably won't fix the problems. Now they expect to sell these DVDs to an unsuspecting public. Gee, I wonder if I should buy this set.
    Sorry, Sony. You can take this set and ......
    Bill Parisho

12. David Rain

David Rain Screenwriter

Dave
    I understand that fans are getting frustrated with MWC's DVD releases. I still don't understand certain episodes being syndicated and others are not. Strange. Perhaps it was a mistake or they feel the quality of the syndicated versions looked better. I'd still like an answer.

I would, however, like to ask everyone to please stop griping about the theme song issue. In this case, the right thing was done (in a difficult situation) by replacing the theme song. They were being asked to pay a high fee for that song, which most of us skip past anyway. Do you want to pay higher box set prices for a song you won't even listen to ? Doubtful. Plus that famous theme is included in both of the "best of" releases and the first 2 season sets. Plus they at least say the theme had been replaced on the packaging. How many times does that happen when a release uses edited episodes ?

13. John*P

John*P Second Unit

Well, that sours me on the set even more than I already was...