SPHE Press Release: Mad About You: The Complete Third Season

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
“TV’s Funniest Couple” (Entertainment Weekly)
Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt Are Together Again on DVD February 6

MAD ABOUT YOU:
THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON

24 Episodes on Three Discs Include Emmy®-Winning Guest Stars Carl Reiner and Cyndi Lauper, Plus Lisa Kudrow and Eric Stoltz

Culver City, CA (December 4, 2006) – Television’s most neurotic romantic duo – Emmy® winners Paul Reiser and Helen Hunt – are together again on February 6 when all 24 episodes of Mad About You: The Complete Third Season debuts on a three-disc DVD set from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. This season was nominated for seven Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series (winning three), and three Golden Globes®, winning Outstanding Comedy Series and a Best Actress trophy for Hunt. The series will be available exclusively on DVD for $39.95 SRP.

The magic of Mad About You was tethered to the dynamic chemistry between the series’ leads Paul Reiser as “Paul” and Academy Award® winner Helen Hunt (Best Actress, As Good as It Gets, 1998) as “Jamie,” as well as the strong supporting cast of quirky characters, including John Pankow as “Ira,” Paul’s hapless cousin; Ann Ramsay as “Lisa,” Jamie’s unfocused older sister; Leila Kenzle as “Fran,” Jamie’s best friend and business partner; Richard Kind as Fran’s nutty husband “Mark;” Louis Zorich as “Burt,” Paul’s lovable father; Cynthia Harris as “Sylvia,” Paul’s meddling mother, and Murray - Paul and Jamie’s daffy dog.

Mad About You: The Complete Third Season contains many memorable episodes, including Jamie stealing cable and causing a city-wide blackout, Murray eating the Thanksgiving turkey, a flashback to Paul and Jamie’s wedding, Murray starring in a TV commercial, and Jamie’s ex-boyfriend publishing a comic book bearing her likeness. This season also features guest stars including Lisa Kudrow (TV’s “Friends”) in her recurring role as the ditzy waitress “Ursula,” Eric Stoltz (Mask, Pulp Fiction), Emmy winner for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series Cyndi Lauper, Emmy winner for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series Carl Reiner (TV’s “The Dick Van Dyke Show”), Wendie Malick (TV’s “Just Shoot Me”), Al Roker (TV’s “The Today Show”), basketball player Patrick Ewing, singer Lyle Lovett, supermodel Rachel Hunter, and former New York City mayor Rudolph Giuliani.

Mad About You: The Complete Third Season was created by Danny Jacobson (TV’s “Roseanne”) and Paul Reiser, debuting on NBC September 23, 1992, and running for 164 episodes over seven seasons. The critically acclaimed show was nominated for 34 Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Comedy Series (nominated four times) and Outstanding Lead Actor (six nominations for Paul Reiser) and Actress (seven nominations and four wins for Helen Hunt), as well as 13 Golden Globe nominations (winning 4, including three Best Actress statues for Hunt), ten Screen Actor’s Guild Awards (winning one) and 14 American Comedy Awards (winning seven).

Mad About You: The Complete Sixth Season episodes include:

Escape From New York
Home
Till Death Do Us Part
When I'm Sixty-Four
Legacy
Pandora's Box
The Ride Home
Giblets for Murray
Once More, with Feeling
The City
Our Fifteen Minutes
How to Fall in Love
Mad About You-Part I
Mad About You-Part II
Just Our Dog
The Alan Brady Show
Mad Without You
Purseona
Two Tickets to Paradise
Money Changes Everything
Cake Fear
My Boyfriend's Back
Up in Smoke-Part I
Up in Smoke-Part II

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Remastered Audio and Video
Full Screen Presentations
Audio: English (Dolby Surround)
Bonus Previews
Closed Captioned

BROADCAST YEAR: 1994 – 1995

Mad About You: The Complete Third Season has a run time of approximately 548 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 17657
UPC Code: 0-43396-17657-7
Order Date: 1/4/07
SLP: $39.95

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I am surprised Sony is still selling it at the $39.99 retail... it was that price that killed season 2 after season 1 was a reasonable success at $29.99

Buddy I

Agent
Maybe stores and e-tailers will offer it a decent price. I'll pick it up either way, but if sales is the key, then lowering the price is a must.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Still on 3 discs, huh ? That's one lesson they didn't learn.

Anyway, I'm thrilled to see this after I'd given up hope. But it figures this would come out just as I'd archived the season from Tivo to DVD.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I think 3 discs suffices for a sitcom unless it's something like Seinfeld that is loaded to the cusp with extras, it really depends on the episode count tho, but something with 22-24 episodes, 3 discs suffices IMO

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akhenax