What's new

SPHE Press Release: Lost Horizon (1937) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Celebrating its 80th Anniversary on Blu-ray October 3

LOST HORIZON

Directed By Frank Capra
and Starring Ronald Colman and Jane Wyatt

Nominated for Seven Academy Awards®, Including Best Picture

Fully Restored in 4K & Presented in Collectible Digibook Packaging
with an All-New Essay by Film Historian Jeremy Arnold

CULVER CITY, Calif. (June 30, 2017) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment continues its Frank Capra Collection series with one of the acclaimed filmmaker’s masterworks: LOST HORIZON, celebrating its 80th anniversary by debuting on Blu-ray™ October 3. Fully restored in 4K and presented in high definition, the Blu-ray is housed within a lavish, limited edition 24-page Digibook, complete with an all-new essay from film historian Jeremy Arnold and rare archival photos from the film. In addition, as part of the restoration, more than a minute of rarely-seen original footage from the film was found and included, making this the most complete, winning two,* and follows a disparate group of people who are rescued after a plane crash, and find shelter in the secluded land of Shangri-La -- but is it the miraculous utopia it appears to be? In 2016, the film was selected for inclusion in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.”® was nominated for seven Academy Awards LOST HORIZON cut of the film in existence. Originally released in 1937,

SYNOPSIS:
Celebrate the 80th anniversary of the lavishly produced Frank Capra classic, LOST HORIZON, based on the best-selling novel by James Hilton. Ronald Colman and Jane Wyatt star in this unique journey to the enchanted paradise of Shangri-La, where time stands still. Now restored in 4K and featuring an additional minute of rarely seen footage long missing from the film, LOST HORIZON is a sumptuous experience for lifelong fans and newcomers alike.

Blu-ray Bonus Features Include:
  • Restoration Audio Commentary
  • Alternate Ending
  • Photo Documentary
  • Restoration: Before and After Comparison
  • Theatrical Trailer
LOST HORIZON has a running time of 133 minutes and is not rated.
“Academy Award®” is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just read the press release posted by Ron, and the paragraph above the synopsis is messed up. Somehow some words and sentences were moved around. Not sure if that was done by Sony or if somehow it got munged when Ron posted it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just read the press release posted by Ron, and the paragraph above the synopsis is messed up. Somehow some words and sentences were moved around. Not sure if that was done by Sony or if somehow it got munged when Ron posted it.

I just did another cut and paste of the original press release sent to us. The issue is on Sony's end. They neglected to proofread what they sent out.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Although I'm not a big fan of the film, I'll be getting it. I suspect I'm in the minority but I can't stand "digibook" packaging. In fact, I've even ordered R2 blu rays even though they were available in RI just to avoid the digipak packaging.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Although I'm not a big fan of the film, I'll be getting it. I suspect I'm in the minority but I can't stand "digibook" packaging. In fact, I've even ordered R2 blu rays even though they were available in RI just to avoid the digipak packaging.
Three

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I never thought I'd see the day this one got released. Yes, I'm there...and I can thank a college professor for putting the book on our reading list and making us compare it to this version.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick

I don't buy them either but so far the only Capra release that didn't get a keepcase release as well was Mr. Smith, so hopefully this will be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks