What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Looper (4k UHD Combo) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
CELEBRATE THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SCI-FI FAVORITE, FROM WRITER / DIRECTOR RIAN JOHNSON
c6598675-228d-33bb-b7eb-b5b2cdb3f78d.png
AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME ON 4K ULTRA HD™
FEBRUARY 15TH
00fdaa03-588d-bede-5948-7dfd5c3b35e7.jpg
SYNOPSIS
In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented – but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past where a “looper” – a hired gun, like Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) – is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good…until the day the mob decides to “close the loop,” sending back Joe’s future self (Bruce Willis) for assassination. Written and directed by Rian Johnson, and also starring Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, and Jeff Daniels.
DISC DETAILS & BONUS MATERIALS
4K ULTRA HD DISC
  • Feature presented in 4K resolution with Dolby Vision, reviewed and approved by the filmmakers
  • All-new Director-approved Dolby Atmos audio + Original 5.1 audio
BLU-RAY DISC™
  • Feature presented in High Definition
  • Special Features:
    • Feature Commentary with Director Rian Johnson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Emily Blunt
    • Looper: The Future From the Beginning — Making-of Featurette
    • 22 Deleted Scenes with Commentary
    • Scoring Looper
    • The Science of Time Travel Featurette
    • Looper Animated Trailer
CAST AND CREW
Written and Directed By: Rian Johnson
Produced by: Ram Bergman and James D. Stern
Executive Producers: Douglas E. Hansen, Julie Goldstein, Peter Schlessel, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dan Mintz
Cast: Bruce Willis, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Noah Segan, Piper Perabo, Garret Dillahunt and Jeff Daniels

SPECS
Run Time:
Approx. 119 minutes
Rating: R for strong violence, language, some sexuality / nudity and drug content
4K UHD Feature Picture: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 2.35:1
4K UHD Feature Audio: English Dolby Atmos (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Compatible) | English 5.1 DTS-HD MA

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Does anyone know if the Blu-ray disc in this set going to be improved upon from the initial release? I ask because Big Fish got a remastered 1080p Blu-ray inside its 4K release combo pack. This is the entire reason I purchased Big Fish on 4K, because I still got an upgrade even though I don't have the capability to play 4K discs.

If the Blu-ray in this set is getting an upgrade, I could be tempted to get it.

Otherwise, I don't need this version. But I'm happy to see it coming to 4K for those who can utilize and enjoy the format.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may know anything.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I'm seeing more and more titles that have been in 4K on iTunes, Vudu and etc. for a while now are finally being released onto 4K disc here in the States.
As I kind of mention in my review, the disc is currently the only way to get this film with HDR and Dolby Atmos. When I redeemed my code this afternoon on Movies Anywhere, not one retailer had the movie with any flavor of HDR and only 5.1 audio, even Apple TV/iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks