What's new

Press Release SPHE Press Release: Last Action Hero (1993) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Another scene I was on was where they drove a convertible from the bottom of the LA river, up the embankment to the top of the embankment.

They were going to have a camera (manned) go across the top of the embankment above the convertible as it went over the lip.

Not on that shot. I made them do it with a unmanned (camera) and had the medics (studio bought) ready (gurneys and equipment out) incase something happened (I'll let your mind come up with some scenarios).

Another perfect movie shoot in LA City!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I kinda have the opposite take. I saw this in the theater when I was a kid and really liked it but I'm hesitant to buy this disc because I doubt it's as good as I remember.

I saw "LAH" in 1993 after all the negative buzz and liked it.

I've seen it at least 2-3 times over the last 20 years and think it's a fairly fun film.

It comes with more than a few flaws, but it's entertaining for the most part...

fdabbott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Doug
Typical Sony to re-release something that's been out so many times. It's the same crap that Warner Archives keeps doing re-issusing titles that are already out. Why not release something that has never been out.

Yeoman007

Agent
Real Name
Rick
*From a 2019 SPHE fan poll and over 30,000 responses, LAST ACTION HERO was the most selected movie when participants were asked to choose from a list of possible 4K UHD disc releases.

“…the most selected movie…” from over 30,000 responses simply means it was selected more than any other one movie. The fans had to select several movies from the list. If, for example, each fan had to select five movies and this one was the last choice of a majority of the fans, then it got the most votes, even though it may have been no one’s first or second choice. It doesn’t mean anyone in the poll thought it was the best choice.

It’s not my favorite Arnie movie, but I like it, so I’m looking forward to it.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Typical Sony to re-release something that's been out so many times. It's the same crap that Warner Archives keeps doing re-issusing titles that are already out. Why not release something that has never been out.

Sony is in the business of making money.

If they can make more money with a 4K of "Hero" vs. a release of something they never put out on BD, they're gonna pick the former.

They wouldn't release umpty-ump versions of the same movie if people didn't buy them.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s probably gonna fall on deaf ears, but I feel it’s worth pointing out that Warner Archive doesn’t really double dip on Blu-ray. It’s merely that when a Warner catalog title falls out of print and there’s demand for a reprint, that task is handled by Warner Archive. It’s the same actual release. I wouldn’t consider that a new product line.

Rob W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
It’s probably gonna fall on deaf ears, but I feel it’s worth pointing out that Warner Archive doesn’t really double dip on Blu-ray. It’s merely that when a Warner catalog title falls out of print and there’s demand for a reprint, that task is handled by Warner Archive. It’s the same actual release. I wouldn’t consider that a new product line.

Not to mention that almost every Warner Archive blu-ray release for the last few months has been a major quality upgrade of titles that were previously available only on dvd in older transfers.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention that almost every Warner Archive blu-ray release for the last few months has been a major quality upgrade of titles that were previously available only on dvd in older transfers.

I think Josh meant the times that Warner Archives has released Blu-rays of films already out on BD, such as "House of Wax", not new-to-BD titles...

Rob W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I think Josh meant the times that Warner Archives has released Blu-rays of films already out on BD, such as "House of Wax", not new-to-BD titles...

I understood what Josh was saying. I added on to his reply to fdabbot who complained about Sony releasing Last Action Hero that had already been released multiple times in other formats, and complained that Warner Archive does the same thing.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I really like Last Action Hero. This underrated film has a great, smart, funny script imo. I think Arnold gives a great performance and it still holds up today.

Obviously I’m in the minority but the film had its fans and I’ll be picking this one up happily. It would be a “Big Mistake” not to. ;)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
This was out the time of Jurassic Park in theaters, and after seeing it, I remember thinking as I walked out of the theater I would have gladly watched JP for the fourth time over this any day of the week. I really despised this "action" movie.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
This was out the time of Jurassic Park in theaters, and after seeing it, I remember thinking as I walked out of the theater I would have gladly watched JP for the fourth time over this any day of the week. I really despised this "action" movie.
Why though, what’s wrong with it specifically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Strubdog