Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Barbara Eden & Larry Hagman Uncork the Magic
On DVD January 30

I DREAM OF JEANNIE:
THE COMPLETE THIRD SEASON
Slapstick Mayhem and Romantic Chemistry Abounds
in the Four-Disc Set with All 26 Colorful Episodes

Culver City, CA (November 20, 2006) – Back in the blink of an eye are Barbara Eden (TV’s “Harper Valley PTA”) as Jeannie and Larry Hagman (TV’s “Dallas”) as Major Nelson, with cast mates Bill Daily (TV’s “The Bob Newhart Show”) as Major Roger Healey, Hayden Rorke (The Unsinkable Molly Brown) as Dr. Bellows, and Emmaline Henry (Rosemary’s Baby) as Amanda Bellows when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment debuts I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Third Season on DVD January 30. The four disc box set features all 26 episodes from the colorful third season and will be priced at $39.95 SRP.

Created by best-selling novelist and screenwriter Sidney Sheldon (The Other Side of Midnight, TV’s “Hart to Hart”), I Dream of Jeannie debuted on September 18, 1965, and ran for five seasons, cleverly maximizing the romantic chemistry between Eden and Hagman, superb special effects and slapstick comedy moments in every episode. Network censors of the day, ever mindful of keeping Miss Eden’s bellybutton covered, completely overlooked the fact that the show depicted a romantically-involved couple living together outside matrimony.

Third season highlights include three episodes shot on location in Hawaii, the first appearance of Jeannie’s evil sister (Eden in a black wig) and fun guest stars including Bob Denver (TV’s “Gilligan’s Island”), comedian Don Rickles, Milton Berle (TV’s “The Milton Berle Show”), Mike Farrell (TV’s “M*A*S*H”), Paul Lynde (TV’s “Bewitched”), David Soul (TV’s “Starsky & Hutch”), Hawaiian singer Don Ho, Larry Storch (TV’s “F Troop”), Susan Howard (TV’s “Dallas”), Ted Cassidy (TV’s “The Addams Family”) and music producer Phil Spector.

DVD Special Features Include:
•Digitally Remastered Audio and Video
•Full Screen Presentations
•Audio: English, Spanish, Portuguese
•Subtitles: Spanish, Portuguese
•Bonus Previews
•Closed Captioned

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Second Season Episodes Include:

Fly Me to the Moon
Jeannie or the Tiger?
The Second Greatest Con Artist in the World
My Turned-On Master
My Master, the Weakling
Jeannie, the Hip Hippie
Everybody’s A Movie Star
Who Are You Calling a Jeannie?
Meet My Master’s Mother
Here Comes Bootsie Nightingale
Tony’s Wife
Jeannie and the Great Bank Robbery
My Son, the Genie
Jeannie Goes Honolulu
The Battle of Waikiki
Genie, Genie, Who’s Got the Genie? (1)
Genie, Genie, Who’s Got the Genie? (2)
Genie, Genie, Who’s Got the Genie? (3)
Genie, Genie, Who’s Got the Genie? (4)
Please Don’t Feed the Astronauts
My Master, the Ghostbreaker
Divorce, Jeannie Style
My Double-Crossing Master
Have You Ever Had a Jeannie Hate You?
Operation: First Couple on the Moon
Haven’t I Seen Me Someplace Before?

BROADCAST YEAR: 1967-1968

I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Second Season has a run time of approximately 624 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 17652
UPC Code: 043-396-176-522
Order Date: 12/28/06
SLP: $39.95

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks Ron.

The person who wrote the press release couldn't seem to make up his mind whether they were selling S2 or S3. There are least a couple of spots above that refer to "second season". I'm amazed at how many typos and errors creep into these releases.

On a positive note, it does appear that Sony is looking to take this to completion with 3 seasons down and only 2 to go.

Steve

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
IDOJ is one of my favorite shows from the 60s and I was happy to pick up S1 and S2 for $30 during the DDD 2f1 sale, but I think I may stop there. While S3 had some good moments, I think it lost some of its focus with stories featuring "evil" cousin Jeannie, frequent guest stars and on location episodes. I'd rather quit at a point where the show still felt fresh. I'm not saying it jumped the shark like Sliders S3, but IMO S1-S2 were the best.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
What is IDOJ all about? It looks good but I cannot find it anywhere on TV in the UK...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Nick,

Here's a summary from IMDB.COM

Captain Tony Nelson (Larry Hagman) is an astronaut. While on a mission, he discovered a mysterious bottle. Opening it, he released Jeannie (a Genie) who was so overjoyed at her release she promised to serve Captain Nelson. Nelson is unsure what to make of Jeannie, especially given that his work is highly secret and his superiors tend to keep a close eye on him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's additional info from TV.com:

The show I Dream Of Jeannie ran for 5 seasons and produced 139 episodes (109 were in color and 30 black and white). The show was written, produced and created by Sidney Sheldon. The show went into production in December, 1964. The 1st season 30 episodes were filmed in black and white film. (The black and white episodes have been colorized for reruns by some syndicated packages). The show went into color in 1966. The show finished filming in January, 1970.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like this era's comedies (60's), you'll like this series. I liked the first 3 seasons the best.

You might remember actor Bill Daily from the "Bob Newhart Show". Of course, everyone knows Larry Hagman from "Dallas" in the 70's and 80's.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Ah I see, thanks. Well I'm interested in 60's-70's TV crime shows but never really watched a comedy from that era apart from M*A*S*H so who knows maybe I'll give it a try!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
I think you'll wind up getting this series set. Another gem admittedly belongs in another thread but, if you haven't tried other 60's comedies, "Bewitched" is a can't-miss for a collector, IMO. Also, "Get Smart" is being shipped as I type this post. A great series starring the late Don Adams. Check the Time-Life 'net site if interested. It's a unique situation there since they're releasing the entire series in one shipment. "Hogan's Heroes" is a 60's classic.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yeah thanks for the info! I love buying the unknown as I call it, especially if it turns out in my opinion really good! Thanks

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dynz