SPHE Press Release: Hart to Hart: The Complete First Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Long-Running Hit Series Starring Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers
    HART TO HART:
    THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

All 23 Episodes Available October 25 in a Six-Disc DVD Set

New Bonus Features Include Audio Commentary and Interviews with Robert Wagner, Stefanie Powers and Creator Sidney Sheldon

Culver City, CA (August 15, 2005) – Hart to Hart – the hit series created by best-selling author Sidney Sheldon – arrives on DVD for the first time October 25 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Starring Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers, Hart to Hart chronicles the globe-trotting adventures of amateur husband and wife detective team Jonathan and Jennifer Hart. Featuring all 23 episodes of the debut season, HART TO HART: THE FIRST SEASON also includes an audio commentary and featurette with cast and crew interviews from Robert Wagner, Stefanie Powers, Sidney Sheldon and more. The six-disc DVD set will be priced at $49.95 SLP.
    Executive-produced by Aaron Spelling (“Charlie’s Angels,” “Beverly Hills, 90210”) and Leonard Goldberg (“Charlie’s Angels,” “Starsky and Hutch”), Hart to Hart premiered on ABC in August 1979. Though the show initially met with mixed reviews, Hart to Hart was an instant hit with audiences and by the end of the first season, Jonathan and Jennifer Hart were household names. During its successful five-season run, Hart to Hart was nominated for six Emmys and 14 Golden Globes, winning one for Best Supporting Actor (Lionel Stander).
    As a self-made millionaire and head of Hart Industries, Jonathan Hart (Wagner) seems to have it all. He and his beautiful wife Jennifer (Powers), a former freelance journalist, are able to live a life of luxury; however, their inquisitiveness and love for hard work keep the Harts active and busy as amateur sleuths who always end up on the brink – or right in the middle – of danger. Lionel Stander also stars as the Hart’s loyal butler and trusty sidekick, Max.

Hart to Hart’s first season guest stars include Markie Post (“Night Court”) and baseball Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda. Wagner’s real life wife, Natalie Wood (Rebel Without a Cause, West Side Story), also makes a cameo appearance in the show’s pilot episode.
    DVD Special Features Include:
    •Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
    •Full Screen Presentation
    •Audio Commentary for “Downhill to Death” episode
    •Featurette: Hart to Hart “The Hart of Season One” – Includes Interviews with Robert Wagner, Stefanie Powers, Creator Sidney Sheldon, Executive Producer Leonard Goldberg and Writer/Director Tom Mankiewicz

HART TO HART: THE FIRST SEASON episodes include:
    1.PILOT (2 Hours)
    2.HIT JENNIFER HART
    3.PASSPORT TO MURDER
    4.JONATHAN HART, JR.
    5.DEATH IN THE SLOW LANE
    6.YOU MADE ME KILL YOU
    7.MURDER BETWEEN FRIENDS
    8.COP OUT
    9.MAX IN LOVE
    10.A NEW KIND OF HIGH
    11.WITH THIS GUN, I THEE WED
    12.MAN WITH THE JADE EYES
    13.COLOR JENNIFER DEAD
    14.A QUESTION OF INNOCENCE
    15.NIGHT HORRORS
    16.WHICH WAY, FREEWAY?
    17.DOWNHILL TO DEATH
    18.RAID
    19.SIXTH SENSE
    20.DOES SHE, OR DOESN’T SHE
    21.CRUISE AT YOUR OWN RISK
    22.TOO MANY COOKS ARE MURDER
    23.DEATH SET

DVD SPECS:
    Not Rated
    Color
    Running Time: approximately 1139 minutes
    DVD Catalog # 11931
    UPC Code: 0-43396-11931-4
    Order Date: 9/22/05
    SLP: $49.95

2. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I just may pick this up, I can barely remember this, since I was a kid when I first saw this.