What's new

SPHE Press Release: Greed (2019) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
90eccdc8-6bbf-4ad8-993a-1ef0d4687be0.png
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]“Winterbottom and Coogan on top form”~ Kaleem Aftab, FINANCIAL TIMES
“Bitingly Funny! A Seething Satire!”~ Katie Walsh, TRIBUNE NEWS SERVICE

A FILM BY MICHAEL WINTERBOTTOM
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
4e40a4ab-9ae5-4b5a-bdef-f684a4a391c1.png
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] ON BLU-RAY™, DVD, and DIGITAL MAY 5TH

INCLUDES A DELETED SCENE AND BEHIND-THE-SCENES FEATURETTE
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
70d1dcb9-2874-4069-b667-e7a01d08a2e2.jpg
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="middle"]
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] SYNOPSIS
GREED is the story of self-made British billionaire Sir Richard McCreadie (Steve Coogan), whose retail empire is in crisis. For 30 years he has ruled the world of retail fashion, but after a damaging public government investigation, his image is tarnished. To save his reputation, he decides to bounce back with a highly publicized and extravagant party celebrating his 60th birthday on the Greek island of Mykonos. A satire on the grotesque inequality of wealth in the fashion industry, GREED, sees McCreadie's rise and fall through the eyes of his biographer, Nick (David Mitchell).

BONUS MATERIALS
  • Behind the Scenes - Steve Coogan describes playing the crass, bombastic Richard “Greedy” McCreadie, and why he and Director Michael Winterbottom are asking audiences "to connect the dots and give a damn.”
  • Deleted Scene
CAST AND CREW Director: Michael Winterbottom
Written By: Michael Winterbottom
Director of Photography: Giles Nuttgens
Executive Producers: Daniel Battsek, Ollie Madden
Producers: Damian Jones, Melissa Parmenter
Co-Producer: Anthony Wilcox
Cast : Steve Coogan, David Mitchell, Asa Butterfield, Dinita Gohil, Sophie Cookson, Jonny Sweet, Asim Chaudhry with Shirley Henderson and Isla Fisher

SPECS Run Time: 104 minutes
Rating: Rated R

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

[/TD]

[/TD]

OliverK

Senior HTF Member
I guess this now makes at least four of us coming to this thread in the foolish assumption that maybe, just maybe Sony would release Greed (1924). Oh well, back to waiting for Warner to release one of my top 10 most wanted from their catalog.

As for Greed (2019) maybe I will now check it out but I doubt I will cherish it as much as the 1924 version.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else seen this Blu-ray?

The 5.1 soundtrack leans heavily to the right. There's audio from the left front/rear speakers, but the track pushes strongly to the right.

This seems most obvious when music plays, but it impacts everything. For instance, one scene presents the ocean on the left side of the screen, but we hear waves only from the right.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard the track and picked up on the same issue!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Guess no one else has seen it!

Another sight gave the audio high marks and made no mention of this audio imbalance.

I'll try it again and make sure the settings on my receiver aren't off, but given that no other BDs skew heavily right, I'm not sure how it could be my system at fault,,,

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Apparently no one here is interested in this BD...

...but I checked the audio on a different player and a different receiver setting. Same result.

I'm 99% sure the disc mixes the audio from the front into the right rear.

As mentioned, the center seems accurate, but the rest of the track leans radically to the right...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apparently no one here is interested in this BD...

...but I checked the audio on a different player and a different receiver setting. Same result.

I'm 99% sure the disc mixes the audio from the front into the right rear.

As mentioned, the center seems accurate, but the rest of the track leans radically to the right...
I don't see any reason why I should be interested.;)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I don't see any reason why I should be interested.;)

It's not a particularly good movie! :)

But I would've thought someone else here had seen it!

Just trying to figure out what happened here - especially since that one review I found praised the audio.

Either he's wrong or I got a copy that was screwed up and no one else did.

There's just no way the audio I heard on the BD is the way the movie's supposed to sound. Loud right rear and quiet left front? Makes no sense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks