SPHE Press Release: Fun With Dick And Jane

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Jim Carrey and Téa Leoni
    Get Even with CORPORATE AMERICA IN

FUN WITH DICK AND JANE

- The $106 Million Dollar Box Office Hit Comedy Arrives On DVD And for PSP April 11th -

Culver City, Calif. (February 13, 2006) – Sony Pictures Home Entertainment presents an upper-middle class couple’s response to corporate greed with the release of the $106 million box office hit comedy, Fun With Dick and Jane to DVD and for PSP April 11. Starring Jim Carrey (Bruce Almighty, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events) and Téa Leoni (Spanglish), this film is a modern version of the original 1977 comedy about a married couple who, in their quest to hang on to their American dream, teach big business a much needed lesson. Fun With Dick and Jane will be available on DVD and for PSP at an SLP of $28.95 and will include deleted scenes, outtakes and many more special features.

Fun With Dick and Jane will also be released on the Universal Media Disc (UMD™) format that plays on the new PSP™ (Playstation Portable) handheld entertainment system. The UMD™ of Fun With Dick and Jane is compatible with the Sony Playstation Portable ™ (PSP™), the first truly integrated portable entertainment system designed to provide consumers with a comprehensive experience and to support multiple lifestyle applications including games, music, movies, communication and wireless gaming.

Fun With Dick And Jane provides comic relief alongside a relevant look at today’s corporate scandals. In the film, Dick Harpers’ (Carrey) years of hard work finally pay off when he is promoted to vice president of Globodyne, a worldwide business leader. After exactly one day at his new job, Globodyne is destroyed, leaving him and his loving wife, Jane (Leoni) without financial security. This sudden reversal of fortune has left them both unprepared to give up their comfortable lifestyle and Dick comes up with the brilliant idea of turning to robbery to pay the bills. Utilizing newfound skills, Dick and Jane exact hilarious revenge while teaching big business a lesson.

DVD BONUS Features Include

· Gag Reel
    · Deleted Scenes
    · Publicity Junket Comedy Outtakes – a hilarious outtake reel of Jim Carrey and Téa Leoni taken during interviews from the theatrical publicity campaign
    · Filmmakers Audio Commentary with Director Dean Parisot and Screenwriters Judd Apatow and Nicholas Stoller
    · Both widescreen and full screen formats available on the disc
    · Previews
    · Audio: English 5.1, French 5.1
    · Subtitles: English, French

Fun With Dick and Jane will be available on both widescreen and full screen presentations and has a run time of 90 minutes. The film is rated PG-13 for brief language, some sexual humor and occasional humorous drug references. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD/PSP 2-pack Catalog #: 14749
    DVD Catalog #: 10228
    UMD Catalog #: 12491
    DVD/PSP 2-pack UPC Code: 0-43396-14749-2
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-10228-6
    UMD UPC Code: 0-43396-12491-2
    DVD Order Date: 3/9/06
    UMD Order Date: 3/9/06
    DVD/PSP 2-pack SLP: $39.95 / MAP $29.95
    DVD SLP: $28.95 / MAP $19.95
    UMD SLP: $28.95 / MAP $19.95

2. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

A first for DVD: Press junket outtakes.

A likable, but not really very funny film, but the DVD looks like it will be nice enough.

3. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

A trailer promoting the new James Bond DVDs is on this DVD.[​IMG]

If all goes well, I'll be dumping my current Bond DVDs onto my dad and picking up the new ones whenever they come out. The date given is "Coming Soon."

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

My guess would be sometime in the fall - October or November. A big Bond set would be a big Christmas present, and it'd tie in with the release of the next flick. (I think it's due this year, isn't it?)

5. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I was planning to review this title, but the screener hasn't showed up yet. There's a package due today, so if it's in there, I'll try to whip up a review lickety-split.

6. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Looks like a good rental.

7. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    The screener finally showed up. I'm going to try and whip up a review in the next day or two.

I checked out the Bond films trailer. It claims frame-by-frame restoration of all 20 films plus new extra footage (whether it's separate deleted scenes or they've inserted new stuff into films I can't say -- I'd expect the former).

At any rate, I assume they'll be out on Blu-Ray soon enough.