SPHE Press Release: Forever Knight The Trilogy: Part Three

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    He was brought across in 1228, preyed on humans for their blood.
    Now he wants to be mortal again, to repay society for his sins,
    to emerge from his world of darkness, his endless ...

FOREVER KNIGHT
    THE TRILOGY: PART THREE

Stylish Cult Favorite Vampire TV Series
    Starring Geraint Wyn Davies, Catherine Disher, Nigel Bennett and
    Ben Bass Is Back with the Final 22 Episodes on DVD October 3

Culver City, CA (July 17, 2006) – Creator James Parriott (TV’s “Grey’s Anatomy”) unleashes the undead for the last time when Forever Knight The Trilogy: Part Three, debuts on DVD October 3 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The TV series stars Geraint Wyn Davies (TV’s “24”) as Nick Knight, a stylish and sexy 13th-century vampire working as a police detective in modern-day Toronto in order to atone for the sins of his past. Also starring is Catherine Disher (TV’s “Murder in the Hamptons”) as Natalie, the forensic pathologist who keeps Nick’s secret while battling his nemesis Lacroix (Nigel Bennett from The Skulls) to gain back Nick’s immortal soul. Fans can now complete their collection with this five-disc boxed set featuring all 22 episodes from the series’ electrifying final season. The DVD will be priced at $59.95 SLP.

In 2004, Forever Knight was included on TV Guide’s list of the Top 25 Cult TV Shows of All Time. The series debuted on CBS August 1, 1992, as part of an innovative new programming schedule dubbed “Crimetime after Primetime.” Despite the fervor of its fans, the series was temporarily cancelled after its first season when the network acquired Late Night with David Letterman. Following an aggressive letter-writing campaign, the series returned in syndication for its second and third seasons. The series continues to have a strong following among fans, with numerous websites devoted to deconstructing its mythology and creating new stories based on the original characters. Three novels were written based on the series: A Stirring of Dust by Susan Sizemore, Intimations of Mortality by Susan Garrett, and These Our Revels by Anne Hathaway Nayne. Over the course of its three season run, the series was nominated for 14 Gemini Awards® (the Canadian equivalent of the Emmy®), including a win for Bennett as Best Supporting Actor. For this season, the show was nominated for Best Dramatic Series and Best Original Music Score.

Forever Knight The Trilogy: Part Three introduces a new supporting cast of characters. While Nick and his eternal nemesis Lacroix are still at each others’ throats, a new police captain, Joe Reese (Blu Mankuma), takes over the 96th Precinct night shift and Nick has a new partner, Tracy Vetter (Lisa Ryder from TV’s “Andromeda”), who becomes romantically involved with the new vampire in town, Javier Vachon (Ben Bass from TV’s “Queer as Folk”). Other highlights of the final season include tricky murder investigations, spiritual healers, Nick catching a bullet in the head, and a demonic dog.

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Remastered Audio and Video
    Full Screen Presentations
    Audio: English
    Three Music Videos
    Bonus Previews
    Closed Captioned

Forever Knight The Trilogy: Part Three Episodes Include:

BLACK BUDDHA I
    BLACK BUDDHA II
    OUTSIDE THE LINES
    BLACK WING
    BLIND FAITH
    MY BOYFRIEND IS A VAMPIRE
    HEARTS OF DARKNESS
    TROPHY GIRL
    LET NO MAN TEAR ASUNDER
    NIGHT IN QUESTION
    SONS OF BELIAL
    STRINGS
    FEVER
    DEAD OF NIGHT
    GAMES VAMPIRES PLAY
    HUMAN FACTOR, THE
    AVENGING ANGEL
    FALLEN IDOL
    JANE DOE
    FRANCESCA
    ASHES TO ASHES
    LAST KNIGHT

Broadcast Year: 1995 - 1996

Forever Knight The Trilogy: Part Three has a run time of approximately 971 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.sphepublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 15922
    UPC Code: 0-43396-15922-8
    Order Date: 8/31/06
    SLP: $59.95

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Yes!!!!!!! That was the news that I was waiting to hear! About damn time that Sony finishes this series up. Excellent news that brightens up my otherwise crappy Monday morning at the office. [​IMG]

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Sweet!

4. Pete Battista

Pete Battista Screenwriter

Pete
    YES!!! This really made my day! I been so worried I would never be able to finish my collection! Thank You for the News Ron!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Kristin

Kristin Agent

Yes, I just heard the official announcement from the dvd manager at Sony today. The 3 music videos you see under special features are my work. I hope you guys enjoy them! [​IMG]

6. MarkHarrison

MarkHarrison Supporting Actor

Glad to finally see the press release! I'm more fortunate than most. This is my only series so far that was in danger of never being completed. So this is really good news!

Congratulations Kristin! I look forward to seeing your work. [​IMG]

7. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I would like to buy this but I haven't seen the first 2 sets anywhere [​IMG]

8. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

*double post*

9. Bob Pierce

Bob Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Fantastic news! I've been holding out on buying the other two seasons until this one was announced. It would be great if they'd offer a boxed set of the whole series (and if they fixed the video quality problems I read about with the first season).

Thanks, Sony!

BP

10. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

Cool. About time! Too bad there aren't any audio commentaries or featurettes for the season 3 set or the deleted scenes/blooper reels that the creators of the show offered up before.

11. Kristin

Kristin Agent

We *almost* had deleted seasons on season 3's set. Gillian Horvath - the writer for several episodes - has lost footage and submitted it to Sony, but apparently there were legal issues.

12. Bob Pierce

Bob Pierce Stunt Coordinator

Kristin,

I'd love to see the clips. Please PM me with a link.

Thanks.

BP

[Edited: Never mind. I clicked on your Name and found a link to your homepage. Nice site! Thanks.]

13. Kristin

Kristin Agent

Thanks Bob! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

14. Kristin

Kristin Agent

Does anyone know what the backcover & menus look like yet? Thanks!