SPHE Press Release: CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Just When The Holidays Become Pleasant Memories…
    Welcome The Spring With The First Must-Have DVD of 2005!

CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS
    REVOLUTION STUDIOS’ FAMILY COMEDY HIT
    STARRING TIM ALLEN AND JAMIE LEE CURTIS
    BASED ON THE BEST-SELLING JOHN GRISHAM NOVEL
    BOWS ON DVD AND VHS MARCH 8, 2005

Culver City, CA (January 4, 2005) – Families everywhere can usher in Spring by reliving the comic antics of Luther and Nora Krank’s Christmas-challenged Winter in Revolution Studios’ hilarious hit film Christmas with the Kranks. Boasting a stellar cast including Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis, Christmas with the Kranks arrives on DVD and VHS from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment March 8, 2005 with a SLP of $28.95.

Based on the best-selling novel “Skipping Christmas†by prolific author John Grisham (“The Firmâ€) with a screenplay by Chris Columbus (“Harry Potterâ€) and directed by Joe Roth (producer of The Forgotten), Christmas with the Kranks features comedian Tim Allen (The Santa Clause, TV’s “Home Improvementâ€) as Luther Krank, who convinces his wife Nora (Jamie Lee Curtis, Freaky Friday) that with their daughter Blair (Julie Gonzalo, A Cinderella Story) away at college, they should skip Christmas altogether and bask in the tropical sun on a Caribbean cruise -- much to the chagrin of their Christmas-crazy neighbors, led by the dour doyen Vic Frohmeyer (Dan Aykroyd, Ghostbusters). When Blair decides at the last minute to come home for the holidays, Luther and Nora realize -- with their neighbors’ help – that Christmas cheer can always be renewed.

Christmas with the Kranks has rung up more than $73 million to date at the box office, delighting audiences and critics everywhere: “A movie for the whole family†(Steve Chupnick, FOX-TV, Baltimore); “Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis are hilariously funny†(Maria Salas, Telemundo & MUN2); “Tim Allen is the perfect Krank†(Tony Toscano, TALKING PICTURES).

DVD Specs
    * Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen and Widescreen (2:40)
    * Dolby Digital 5.1 Audio
    * Languages: English, French
    * Subtitles: English, French

Color/Closed Captioned
    Running Time: 98 minutes
    DVD Cat #: 04861
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-04861-4
    DVD Order Date: 2/3/05
    VHS Cat. #: 04860
    VHS UPC Code: 0-43396-04860-7
    VHS Order Date : 2/3/05
    DVD SLP: $28.95; MAP: $19.95
    VHS Rental Priced Only

Artwork is available at www.SPHEPublicity.com

Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com

2. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Despite bad reviews, I really loved this movie. I ended up leaving the theater with a warm feeling inside, which is what a good Christmas movie should accomplish. Sure there are moments that were over the top, but nonetheless, a great holiday film. In all honesty though, I'm really surprised it's coming out so soon. I didn't expect a release until October/November.........but then, after the flash-in-the-pan release of "Surviving Christmas", I guess I can believe anything. lol. I'll definitely be getting this.

3. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    Sounds like they're combining a widescreen and fullscreen version on the same disc again. They really need to stop that practice -- the picture quality always suffers.

4. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    For those interested, I've just been informed by Sony that the release date for this title has been changed from March 8 to "To Be Announced."

5. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Thanks for the news, since I was planning on picking this up in March. In all honesty, I'm not surprised with the date change. I'm willing to bet that we'll see it around late October/Early November.....which is perfectly fine with me. I never watch Christmas movies until then anyway. [​IMG]