SPHE Press Release: CACHÉ

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    “Grade A. Be Prepared to gasp.”
    - Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly

“Suspense has a new master”
    - Mike D’Angelo, Esquire

ACADEMY AWARDÒ WINNER JULIETTE BINOCHE
    STARS IN THE ACCLAIMED, TIGHTLY PLOTTED THRILLER

CACHÉ

TO BE REVEALED JUNE 27 ON DVD

“One of the most hotly debated and hands-down exciting selections at this year’s Cannes Film Festival” – New York Times

CULVER CITY, CALIF. (April 17, 2006) – What is hidden will come into focus when Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) releases the award-winning, international sensation that Newsweek dubbed “one of the best films of the year”– Caché (Hidden), on DVD June 27. From Sony Pictures Classics and written and directed by Michael Haneke (The Piano Teacher), Caché stars French actress and OscarÒ winner Juliette Binoche (The English Patient, Chocolat) and renowned French actor Daniel Auteuil (Jean De Florette, Manon of the Spring and the upcoming N-Napoleon).

Critics from around the world have made this taut, tense thriller, in the vein of Alfred Hitchcock, one of the year’s most honored international motion pictures. Caché follows

Georges (Auteuil), a television talk show host, and his wife Anne (Binoche), living the “perfect” life of comfort and security in Paris, when suddenly their lives are disrupted by increasingly disturbing, intimate videotapes. As they attempt to uncover the identity of their observer, secrets from the past are revealed and lessons of guilt and responsibility come to destroy their comfortable existence. Caché “maintains such a tight rein on our emotions that we sit spellbound,” said New York Magazine.

The Caché DVD features a behind-the-scenes featurette along with a documentary on director Michael Haneke. The film is presented in 1.85 Anamorphic Widescreen.

Major award wins include:

- Best Director Award, Cannes Film Festival
    - FIPRESCI Award, Cannes Film Festival
    - Ecumenical Jury Prize, Cannes Film Festival
    - Best Foreign Language Film, Los Angeles Film Critics Association
    - Best Foreign Language Film, San Francisco Film Critics Association
    - Closing Night Selection, New York Film Festival
    - Official Selection, Toronto Film Festival
    - Official Selection, Telluride Film Festival
    - Nominated for 7 European Film Awards (including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Screenplay and the “Cesar,” France’s equivalent of the Oscar)

Caché was produced by Margaret Menegoz and Veit Heiduschka, has a running time of 118 minutes and is Rated R for brief strong language. For additional information on Caché and other Sony Pictures Classics’ films, go to www.sonyclassics.com.

DVD Catalog #: 13875
    DVD UPC Code: 0-43396-13875-9
    DVD Order Date: 5/25/06
    DVD SLP: $26.96

2. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

Yes! [​IMG]

My second favorite movie from last year, and though extras may be a tad light I'm glad it's in the hands of Sony Pictures Classics and I expect a transfer every bit as nice as some of their other recent releases ("Saraband" and "Yes" come immediately to mind).

3. Marc Colella

Marc Colella Cinematographer

In my Top 5 of 2005.

I've stopped purchasing DVDs for a long time now in anticipation of the HiDef formats. This DVD will be hard to pass up since I don't think I'll be seeing a HD version for a long long time (if ever).

Amazing film.