SPHE Press Release: All In The Family: The Complete Sixth Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator

Jul 3, 1997
    Ronald Epstein
    Classic Emmy Award®-Winning 1970s Sitcom
    From Legendary TV Producer Norman Lear

Three-Disc DVD Arrives February 13 Featuring All 24 Episodes
    Starring Carroll O’Connor, Jean Stapleton, Rob Reiner and Sally Struthers,
    Plus Guest Stars Billy Crystal, Doris Roberts and Robert Guillaume

Culver City, CA (December 4, 2006) – The first family of American television returns when All in the Family: The Complete Sixth Season debuts on DVD February 13 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Created by legendary producer Norman Lear (TV’s “The Jeffersons,” “Sanford and Son,” “Maude”), All in the Family shattered preconceived notions regarding TV by addressing controversial subjects in realistic ways and creating unforgettable characters that became an integral part of pop culture. The three-disc DVD set features all 24 episodes from the sixth season and will be available for $29.95 SLP.

In the sixth season, Mike and Gloria finally move into their own home and discover Gloria is pregnant. After the baby is born, Archie has the baby baptized without their permission. While driving a cab, Archie rescues a woman who turns out to be a transvestite, and Edith starts volunteering at an old age home. Guest stars this season include Billy Crystal (City Slickers), Doris Roberts (TV’s “Everybody Loves Raymond”), Robert Guillaume (TV’s “Benson”), Bernadette Peters (The Jerk, Pennies From Heaven) and Betty Garrett (On the Town, My Sister Eileen), who won a Golden Globe® for her role.

Starring Carroll O’Connor as Archie Bunker, television’s most famous bigot, All in the Family changed the face of television forever with its January 12, 1971, premiere. All in the Family centers on a working class family man whose conservative views of the world clash with nearly everyone he meets. The talented cast of supporting characters includes Archie’s long-suffering but loving wife Edith (Jean Stapleton); daughter Gloria (Sally Struthers), and liberal son-in-law Mike “Meathead” Stivic (Rob Reiner). The number one television series for five years, All in the Family blew the lid off every sitcom formula that preceded it and resulted in a number of successful spin-offs including Maude and The Jeffersons. During its eight-year run, the show received an amazing 48 Emmy Award® nominations and took home 20 trophies with multiple wins for all the lead characters and three wins for Outstanding Comedy Series.

All in the Family: The Complete Sixth Season episodes include:

The Very Moving Day
    Alone at Last
    Archie, the Donor
    Archie, the Hero
    Mike's Pains
    Chain Letter
    Mike Faces Life
    Edith Breaks Out
    Grandpa Blues
    Gloria Suspects Mike
    The Little Atheist
    Archie's Civil Rights
    Gloria Is Nervous
    The Baby (Part 1)
    The Baby (Part 2)
    New Year's Wedding
    Archie, the Babysitter
    Archie Finds a Friend
    Mike's Move
    Archie's Weighty Problem
    Love by Appointment
    Joey's Baptism
    Gloria and Mike's House Guests
    Edith’s Night Out

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
    Full Screen Presentations
    Audio: English
    Bonus Previews
    Closed Captioned

BROADCAST YEAR: 1975 - 1976

All in the Family: The Complete Sixth Season has a run time of approximately 612 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPUBLICITY.COM. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog # 16236
    UPC Code: 0-43396-16236-5
    Order Date: 1/11/07
    SLP: $29.95
  2. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

Nov 5, 2003
    I was lucky enough to find this ahead of time in one of my stores (which will remain nameless). I love it when that happens. [​IMG]

I haven't taken a look at it yet, though.
  3. imadkhuri

imadkhuri Extra

Oct 14, 2006
    Which store was it? Maybe I'll be as lucky.

4. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

Jul 21, 2005
    I'm definately picking this one up especially since I picked up the first five seasons at that "Buy 1 Get 1 Free" sale that Best Buy held last summer. I love Carroll O’Connor and he played that character perfectly.