SPHE Press Release: ACTION: The Complete Series

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    LIGHTS, CAMERA…

ACTION
    THE COMPLETE SERIES- UNCUT AND UNBLEEPED!

See What Makes the Entertainment Industry So Entertaining
    When the Critically-Acclaimed Sitcom - Starring Jay Mohr and Illeana Douglas –
    Debuts On DVD February 21

Culver City, Calif. (December 12, 2005) – The show too controversial for network television Action: The Complete Series – Uncut and Unbleeped!, starring Jay Mohr (Pay It Forward, TV’s “Last Comic Standing”), Illeana Douglas (Dummy, Ghost World), Buddy Hackett, Jarrad Paul and Jack Plotnick, debuts on DVD February 21. The two-disc set, featuring all 13 episodes, will be available for $24.96 SLP from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Action took on Hollywood and the censors with its no holds barred, bleep-filled take on the film industry. Executive Producers Joel Silver (The Matrix Trilogy, Die Hard), Ted Demme (Blow, Beautiful Girls) and Don Reo (TV’s “My Wife and Kids,” “The John Laroquette Show,” “M*A*S*H”) took great pride in pushing sitcom boundaries with their wry, campy and irreverent humor along with a “no mercy” attitude toward Hollywood and the show’s characters. Shot with just a single camera, the innovative series featured cameos by top talent in almost every episode, including appearances by Keanu Reeves (As Good As It Gets, The Matrix Trilogy), Salma Hayek (Frieda, Once Upon a Time in Mexico), Sandra Bullock (Crash, Miss Congeniality) and Scott Wolf (TV’s “Everwood,” “Party of Five”).

Mega-producer Peter Dragon (Jay Mohr) has a track-record of huge box-office hits, and a hugely inflated ego, even by Hollywood standards. A Xantac-popping, stereotypical over-the-top producer who everyone loves to hate, Peter’s record of box office hits was perfect … until his last cinematic bomb. Determined to remain on the Hollywood "hit" list he resorts to desperate measures. Dragon hires Wendy Ward (Illeana Douglas), a former child TV star who is now a call girl, to be his new development executive since she’s the only one he can trust to tell him the truth. Rounding out the cast are Jack Plotnick as Vice President of Development Stuart Glazer, Jarrad Paul playing neurotic writer Adam Rifkin and Buddy Hackett as Uncle Lonnie, the head of security who spends most of his time sleeping on the couch.

DVD Special Features Include:

Digitally Mastered Audio and Video
    Full Screen Presentations
    Audio: English (stereo)
    Commentaries on Select Episodes
    Featurette: Getting Into the Action
    Set Top Feature: Trust Me: Useful Words and Phrases Every Producer Must Know

Action: The Complete Series – Uncut and Unbleeped! episodes include:

Pilot
    Re-enter The Dragon
    Blood Money
    Blowhard
    Mr. Dragon Goes to Washington
    Twelfth Step to Hell
    Dragon's Blood
    Love Sucks
    Strong Sexual Content and Adult Themes
    Lights, Camera, Action!
    Dead Man Floating
    One Easy Piece
    Last Ride of the Elephant Princess

Action: The Complete Series – Uncut and Unbleeped! has a run time of 299 minutes and is not rated. Artwork is available at www.SPHEPublicity.com. Visit Sony Pictures Home Entertainment on the Web at www.SonyPictures.com.

DVD Catalog #07540
    UPC Code: 0-43396-07540-5
    DVD Order Date: 1/19/06
    SLP: $24.96

2. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

It's mine release day. Hope that Jay Mohr is heavily involved. I think the lack of bleeps will fit with the spirit of the show rather than South Park or Arrested Development which are far funnier with the bleeps.

3. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

AT LAST!

M.

4. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    I might check this out, manly to see it un-bleeped.

I agree, he would be great on a comentary. He's always been fantastic on Conan and such.

5. Tom McA

Tom McA Stunt Coordinator

And his autobiographical book about his days on SNL was a great read.

6. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    It's about time! A must-buy for me.

7. Marko Berg

Marko Berg Supporting Actor

I too think the show is manly un-bleeped. [​IMG]

This will definitely be mine.