Spent $5,000+ at BBY in the last 11 months, so I got a great renewal offer...

Discussion in 'Bargains and Deals' started by MarkDude, Oct 1, 2004.

1. MarkDude

MarkDude Stunt Coordinator

Yep, after earning $400 in Reward Certificates, I got the "3 months free if you pay $9.99 to renew" offer. I'm still going to renew, because obviously I frequent Best Buy. I'm just very displeased that I got this lowest-tier renewal offer (maybe the bigger offers were only for those who joined in July or August, when the program started).

--Mark--

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

You should probably wait to re-up until the very last moment. I too got that offer. I ignored it (I frankly wasn't going to re-up). Then, closer to the termination date, I got a better offer (basically enough extra points to make the renewal free). If you want to renew anyway, just wait and maybe you'll get the better offer. If not, you can still renew when you get closer to due date.

3. MarkDude

MarkDude Stunt Coordinator

Shoot. I already renewed with the 3 free months offer (I would have waited but there was an expiration on the offer; can't rememeber exactly what it was at the moment). Oh well...

--Mark--

4. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Feel lucky, I got no renewal offer at all. It was like a big FU to all the money I spent there.