Spellbound : CC due when?

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
Is Spellbound on hiatus, or is it just taking a while?

Does anyone have any facts with respect to this title, as to release date and possible supplements?

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
I have a feeling we won't see this one until late 2002-early 2003. As far as supplements go I bet it will be in approximation to what Notorious had. I'm they loaded Rebecca up because of winning Best Picture.
Speaking of Hitchcock - most of my favorite films of his has been released, but does anyone know if either Universal or Criterion plan on covering any more of his films other than the aforementioned Spellbound?

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
While I'd like to have all his films on DVD, the two I'm most interested in now are Lifeboat and Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I know these and most of his other unreleased titles are available on ebay, but not as authorized releases. You would think that Hitchcock would be considered a sure seller (especially Lifeboat, which is one of his best, IMO), but apparently some studio heads think otherwise.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Most of the unreleased US Hitchcock stuff belongs to Warner. Foreign Correspondent, The Wrong Man, Mr. And Mrs. Smith, I Confess, Dian M For Murder and Stage Fright are all Warner titles.
Jeff

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I know these and most of his other unreleased titles are available on ebay, but not as authorized releases.

Although, technically they are not bootlegs since they are legally in the Public Domain in Taiwan. Taiwan copyright law only protects films for 50 years.

Jeff

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
As far as supplements go I bet it will be in approximation to what Notorious had. I'm they loaded Rebecca up because of winning Best Picture
While I love both discs, I actually think the array of extras on "NOTORIOUS" is more impressive than that of "REBECCA" (despite the latter's two-disc status).

I'm looking forward to "SPELLBOUND", but it is my least favorite of the three.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70MM Ultra pana