What's new

Spell Checking (1 Viewer)

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Anyone know what is wrong with Spellchecker.net? I haven't been able to spell check my posts for quite some time now.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Adrian:
The spellchecker is going away as spellchecker.net is no longer offering this service for free and the prices that they are wanting are way out there.
Parker

Richard_Huntington

Stunt Coordinator
Well that pretty much stinks.
icon13.gif
Any other spell checking services? I am no typist and I frequently mess of everything from typing too fast. Spell checker is a life saver.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"My wife actually prefers widescreen"

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Richard, here's a suggestion (though it is more work). Type your post in Word or whatever word processing program you use and run it through the program's spell checker. Then, cut and paste it onto the forum. That's a good work around for not having a spell checker.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Richard:
I agree. The spellcheck program was a life saver for me too. If I find any type of work around I will be sure to install it.
Parker

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
That's funny. Spellchecker.net is still offering the free service on their web site. Go figure.
------------------

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
We got an email from the owners of Spellchecker that stated that since they are not getting the advertising revenue from the banners that they put in the pop up window that they were going to start charging on a per use basis. You have it on your own server but that costs several thousand.
So........
I guess that since you are on their site using it it wouldn't cost them anything. It is just remote users that they have begun to charge.
Parker

Ugo Scarlata

Stunt Coordinator
Now that the forum is switching to vBulletin, hacking spell-checker functionality into the code is child's play! PHP has built-in spell checking functions, using the http://pspell.sourceforge.net/

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks