What's new

SpeedTV WRC coverage Argentina (1 Viewer)

DwightK

Second Unit
I don't know if any of you watch the sameday coverage of WRC Rally racing but what is hapening this weekend is absolutely disgusting:angry:
Each night, SpeedTV is interjecting a 30 minute, un-announced, NASCAR news thingy inbetween the rally stages. it was at the beginning last night and tonight is was with about 10 minutes to go of the hour long coverage. I just fired of a hopeless email to be lost in the annals of SpeedTV but I had to express my displeasure somehow to them.
Is this truely the way of the future in programming? Find the popular shows and force crap into the middle hoping the rating would improve for the junk shows? I wonder if they will be doing the same with F1 coverage as well?
Man am I upset:angry:

CharlesD

Screenwriter
Dwight,
I feel your pain! :angry: (and I also e-mailed them about this)
This it total BS. I started a thread about the Rally in After Hours as I know there are some regular posters there that are WRC fans (http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...321#post700321) and I have put some comment there.
This NASCAR uber alles approach FOX are taking is total bullshit. Speed Vision was successful because it catered to those who realize that there is more to motor sports than drag racing or driving in circles. Fox comes in and is ruining it because they overpaid for the rights to NASCAR.
MORONS!
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Dan B

Screenwriter
I assumed they did it for technical reasons. Maybe they didn't receive all of the video in time to broadcast it as scheduled. If they intentionally interrupted it, that would be absurd & I will send them a nasty letter about it. :thumbsdown:

Thong T

Auditioning
They did the same thing a month ago during a LIVE AMA motorcycle race. After a few laps, they cut in with a 30 minutes NASCAR show. Then they cut back with 2 laps to go and show the winner.

Thousands of motorcycle racing fans wrote in a complained. They then put out an apology letter saying that they made the wrong decision.

On a different topic, do you guys like the American commentator for WRC? I used to watch it all the time for the past 3 years. But I stopped watching this year b/c I couldn't stand the commentator.

Thong

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just send SpeedTV some feedback to this too. I don't understand their reasoning... Do they think that closet NASCAR fans are watching the WRC:Argentina hoping that a 30 minute NASCAR show is going to appear???? I mean, oh, lets switch the TV to "Stage 1: WRC Argentina" so that when SpeedTV preempts the scheduled programming to a NASCAR show, we'll be there to watch it??? that's truly absurd, cause all they are doing is pissing off the tons of Rally fans trying to watch stage 1 with their NASCAR updates, while the majority of NASCAR fans are probably watching something else. They did this too with regular programming too, I noticed, I was watching a short program on import tuners and suddenly it became NASCAR central...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks