Speed & True Lies???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Bivins, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Jim Bivins

Jim Bivins Stunt Coordinator

Wasn't the Speed SE supposed to have been announced several month's ago? I think thedigitalbits hinted at that...and what is the story with True Lies? last I heard was a delay due to the sensitivity of 9/11...is this true?

Speaking of Fox, I was wondering if we (America) will be seeing the DVD release of that awsome Predator SE? I'm REALLY hoping for a "yes"!

Jim

2. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

In Australia from Fox on May 5 2002 are the following:

Predator 2-disc set with director's commentary & dts

Speed 2-disc set with director's commentary & dts

The Great Escape 2-disc set with cast & crew commentary

Thelma & Louise with director's commentary & cast commentary

Not sure about region 1 yet, but surely they'll all be out sooner or later...

3. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

oh great.. i didn't even think about true lies being held back.. that was always my favorite arnold movie and i have been wanting a se for a while now.. looks like im gonna have to keep waiting..[​IMG]

4. Tim_Prasuhn

Tim_Prasuhn Stunt Coordinator

both Speed and True Lies have Five Star Collection editions in the works. Both should street this year, with Speed probably being sometime mid summer.

Hope this helps.

5. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I'm really looking to the Five-Star True Lies. I just hope this comes out sooner rather than later.

6. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

These are two titles that are on my "when-they-get-SE-treatment" list. An extended Jamie Lee Curtis dance routine would be really special![​IMG]

7. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

I'd like to have True Lies. I used to like Speed, but saw it so much that I got sick of it. Alot of movies I can watch over and over, unfortunately I found out Speed wasn't one of them.

8. Brett C

Brett C Second Unit

Can't wait for the True Lies disc and it better have a DTS track!!!

9. Dave H

Dave H Producer

According to DVD FILE.com:

"In our last bit of news today, Video Premieres Magazine reported in their most recent issue that the oft-postponed True Lies special edition, rumored to have been on hold due to the tragedy on 9-11, is now back in production for a planned 2003 release. Fox Home Entertainment would not confirm nor deny the story when contacted late last week, so we'll let you be the judge..."

I wonder if this is still a Five-Star title. Now we have to wait until 2003?!? I think it's ridiculous. This should have been out this year.

10. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Speed SE 5[​IMG] release date is July 30

11. Douglas Kalon

Douglas Kalon Stunt Coordinator

In regards to a Predator SE this is from http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm
    On the update for Tuesday, May 28th under Garth's DVD reviews he states that "I look at the 2-disc Special Editions of "Speed" and "Predator" which hit locally June 15th and in the US late July."
    While I know that the Speed SE is being released in the US, this is the first time I heard of a SE of Predator being released here. I don't know if he is mistaken or not or just meant the Speed release?
    He also reviews both titles and includes full specs for both. If we get the same things here then it will be worth the wait.