Speed Racer Volume 4 Announced (The Final Release)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Talmadge, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

When I first heard that Lions Gate was bringing out the classic series to DVD I thought, okay, maybe I'll try it out. You see, I grew up watching SPeed Racer from the age of six years and I've always loved this classic series and I was skeptical on the transistion to DVD and after picking up the first two sets I was addicted once more to this classic series. But when I heard that Volume 3 would be released in that idiotic tin can of a piece of shit of a box I was so pissed at Lions Gate for not also releasing a standard clam-shell case for the third volume. I still refuse to purchase Volume 3 because of this. Those circular tin cases are a pain in the ass to open and I should know, I bought that limited edition Total Recall movie DVD when it came out and it came with the same damned design.

To this day I have refused buying the third volume until Lions Gate releases a regular edition of that DVD with the right DVD case and I was wondering if anyone has heard anything if Lions Gate plans on releasing a version of Volume 3 with the clamshell case? Don't get me wrong, I'm not boycotting the DVD release, just this volume because its unfair of LGE NOT to release a standard version. It doesn't sit well on DVD shelves and the card holder that it fits into easily falls out. I still have the first two volumes and hoping someone out there has an answer to this obviious question.

I plan on picking up Volume 4, as long as it's in the clamshell packaging. But, what about the rest of you? DO you feel the same way/?

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Volume 3's been sitting on my shelf quite nicely since the week it came out. Still haven't gotten around to actually watching it though!

4. Bill Buklis

Bill Buklis Supporting Actor
    Supporter

Bill Buklis
    You can always create your own cover and use your own dvd box. Not absolutely ideal true. But, at least you'd have the disc in a proper box.

5. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    Undoubtedly Season Four will be the same time-compressed extras-less crap as Seasons One, Two, and Three...Collector's Editions my eye. This series needs to be treated with more respect. It isn't like Peter Fernandez and Corinne Orr are still around to do interviews and commentary...oh, geez, whaddya know, they are! And do they appear anywhere on Seasons One through Three of Speed Racer? Um...well...nope.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

7. Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt Insider
    Insider

Unfortunately, this is NOT the final release. Volume 4 will include 8 episodes only, no disc-based extras and a diecast collectible Mach V replica for $22.98. The episodes are 37-44 of the series, including The Terrifying Gambler, The Secret Invaders, Part 1, The Secret Invaders, Part 2, The Man Behind the Mask, The Car Destroyer, The Desperate Racer, The Dangerous Witness and Race the Laser Tank. That's direct from the studio. No word yet on when Volume 5, with the final 8 episodes, will be released.

At least, near as I can tell, Volume 4 will be in a regular keep case...

8. Carlos Garcia

Carlos Garcia Screenwriter

The back cover of volume 4 confirms there will only be 8 episodes on this volume. On the bright side, however, this will also mean the picture quality should be far better on this volume than it would've been had they crammed all the remaining episodes onto this disc and made it the final volume.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4995