What's new

Speed DVD 5.0 or 5.1? (1 Viewer)

Ash Williams

Second Unit
Sorry if this has been gone over before but the search function is down. On the package for Speed it is listed that it has a Dolby Digital 5.0 track,but on the menu it states 5.1. Does anyone know which is correct?
------------------
rcallbnr_copy2.jpg

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The movie was released as a 5.0 soundtrack with no LFE channel.
The rumored upcoming special edition with DTS and DD tracks and new widescreen transfer (hinted at by Mr. Staddon) may or may not be 5.0. It probably depends on what the mastering facility does with the soundtrack.
I really wish I had kept my DTS 5.0 laserdisc. The soundtrack was phenomenal! A lot better than the AC-3 version.
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Dan, what made you part with the DTS LD? I agree it is excellent.
Dan (UK)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Dan,
At the time I had hit a financial road block and needed extra cash, so most of my best LDs went on the block, so to speak.
Although, I kept all four of the Disney animated DTS LDs (Pocahontas, Hunchback, Toy Story, and Hercules; all very well mastered)! Back, back you savages! You'll have to pry them out of my cold, dead hands!! :)
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

CraigMc

Grip
Yep it's definitely 5.0
Don't let that put you off tho, despite the fact it has no LFE channel, the bass in the soundtrack is stunning!!
I remember after I bought this dvd how fantastic the sound mix was - it's very aggressive in the use of surrounds and the bass is thunderous :)
------------------
Craig McDonald

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Agreed that this disc has a great 5.0 track, now, just bring on that new anamorphic transfer and i'm a happy camper!
------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks