What's new

Speed - Defective? (1 Viewer)

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Okay. I downloaded the firmware yet again and installed it. Then I set the "parental control" function - it defaults for level 1 - to 8 and Speed is playing for me now.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Yay! Glad people are getting it to work since it sounds like it's a great disc to behold!

John Milton

Second Unit

Same here. Both Speed and Behind Enemy Lines won't load and auto eject after a few moments.

(Update)

Got Behind Enemy Lines to work still zero luck with Speed. Called Samsung and they suggested I don't buy any more Fox titles until they change codecs. WTF?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
What kind of response is that from Samsung. Speed and all fox disks have worked on my player, a panny as is the general case that I can see. Some noise needs to be made.

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Just finished watching the entire Speed BD on my Samsung player and it also played flawlessly. Wanted people to know that the BD disc does not affect all Samsung units.

Which is it - the particular disc that is the problem or the particular Samsung player?:confused:

Excellent high def transfer on this disc!

Paul

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
Well, damnit, I just sent my second disc back to Amazon. Now do I order yet another one from them so I can forward it to Fox for a replacement?

Paul Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
Just bought the last Sony Blu-Ray player at my local Best Buy, and purchased "Speed". Had no problems playing this disc, but it did take longer to load, and I saw that funny circular thing moving before the disc started. :) The PQ is awesome!

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
Does anybody have their replacement disc yet? I received mine today and it still won't play. The same old rolling dots on the bottom of the screen. I have the Pioneer Elite BDP-HD1 with the latest 2.10 firmware upgrade.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I tried playing the disc this morning. After a short period of the circular dots the disc suddenly started, and played fine after that. After a short period I stopped the disc and then pressed play. The circular dots appeared again and played approximately for one minute and then went to the main menu. So I guess I will keep the disc until maybe another firmware upgrade improves on the compatibility problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks