What's new

Speed 5-star edition on 7/30 ? (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Just found this info on the Video Business site and thought I would share it with you guys (I have no interest in the movie myself) :
Speed
Two-disc Five Star edition produced by Charles de Lauzirika
Original production features:
commentary by director Jan De Bont,
commentary by writer Graham Yost and producer Mark Gordon
Other features:
extended scenes,
multiangle shots with audio,
five featurettes,
60 stills,
four multistream storyboards,
interviews with cast and filmmakers,
HBO special,
Billy Idol music video
Release: July 30

Daniel Schenk

Stunt Coordinator
From a first glimpse it looks identical to the R2 release. I hope they will be identical since the R2 streets already early June.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I think i read on the bits that true lies (5-star) was slated for 4th quarter of this year and strange days (5-star) early 2003. Comingsoon.net via laserviews has a 7/2 street date for Speed 5-star. In any event hopefully it does come out in july sometime.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
The Digital Bits just announced that Fox is indeed bringing the Speed: Five Star Collection out on July 30th. They listed specs and even the cover art. It also appears that Speed 2 will be rereleased that day, too, with a new anamorphic transfer, DTS, and a never-before-seen making-of. Looking forward to both....

Beau

Supporting Actor
The 2-movie set will go right next to my Die Hard Ultimate Collection!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
Jeremy, Beau, let me see if I read this right...
You liked Speed 2?? :D :eek: :D :laugh: :D
Knowing that DTS DVD's are still compromised, I'm just not ready to retire my DTS LD - all supplements aside.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I'll have to pick up both as well. Now I'm glad I never picked up the current DVD releases and just held on to my old VHS copies.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
One thing I thought was curious on the old/existing release is the DD5.1 track. To me it was a DD5.0 track and I hope the soundtracks on the new release, particularly the dts5.1, fixes the lack of bass. I will be buying.

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I bought the original release but now I will definately have to buy the 5 star edition. The new cover art looks good but I wish they would use the original one.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Yeah!
Dvdfile.com just chimed in with a full press release.
Looks like I'll be buying the Speed Box Set:)

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Speed 2 will be the first in the line of Fox's 'One Star' releases. :D
Dan
PS: Neil, I think to satisfy the masses they've gone and done a .1 LFE track to Speed 5 star. I have the glorious DTS 5.0 LD of Speed though, loads of bass, LOADS! One of my favourite LDs.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Speed Laserdisc DD 5.1 but not the first release of the DVD. I may pass the 5 Star DVD release.The only 5 Star DVD that I am now waiting & longing is True Lies even

though I have the Laserdisc DD5.1

DanR

Supporting Actor
You know what's funny? I saw Speed 2 in the theaters, and I can hardly remember it. All I remember is Willem Dafoe with leeches, and a big cruise ship plowing through stuff. I think seeing it was a traumatic experience in the theater, and I must be psychologically blocking the movie out of my memory. :)
That being said, the original Speed is a movie I just love. Dennis Hopper is wonderfully over-the-top, and I just like the way the movie keeps building. Mancina's score is cool too.
I also agree with you guys in desiring a True Lies Special Edition. For a while, the the bathroom and subsequent chase scene was demo material in my home theater, back in the laserdisc days. I also like the shootout after "Here is my invitation!" Awesome movie.
Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks