What's new

Speed: 5 Star DVD review up at The Digital Bits1 (1 Viewer)

JJR512

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Justin J. Rebbert
Umm...when is this coming? If it said in that review, I couldn't find it.

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
Awww, they didn't mention how the new 5.1 soundtrack hold up against the older 5.0 track. I own the original, and while the five main channels sound very good and agressive, I always felt that the lack of an LFE channel hurt the movie. Sure, there was bass, but it never tickled my posterior like it should have. This is especially dissapointing during the cargo plane explosion. That boom should have given me the runs :D . The guys that mixed this movie did the soundtrack for U-571, so I know they've got a bass fetish lurking somewhere.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I'll be first in line on July 30th to pick this title up. Just dumped my old version a couple of weeks ago.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Personally, I see nothing wrong with the cover. The cover for the Video and original DVD was pretty dull.

To sin by silence when we should protest makes cowards out of men.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
hey, i was considering importing the region 1 and paying almost double for it over buying the region 4 version the other day, simply because the r4 one looks worse! And you get those cool Five Star Collection cases too...

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Awww, they didn't mention how the new 5.1 soundtrack hold up against the older 5.0 track. I own the original, and while the five main channels sound very good and agressive, I always felt that the lack of an LFE channel hurt the movie. Sure, there was bass, but it never tickled my posterior like it should have. This is especially dissapointing during the cargo plane explosion. That boom should have given me the runs
I don't have the earlier DVD so I can't compare but I have the new R2 SE and also felt the plane explosion to be a bit disappointing in that it doesn't have a really deep bass rumble. Apart from that though, it is a spectacular sound track, especially during the early scenes in the lift.

BenjaminG

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree with the review, the commentaries are absolutely fantastic, the funniest I have ever heard!

I had the previous R4 release, and yes, the bass is MUCH better! I think the picture is also slightly improved (the previous release was 16x9 unlike R1)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks