What's new

Spectrum cable internet and phone (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
So I’m in South Carolina and my internet phone and cable have been down dive about 6:30 pm Sunday. I have called them and continue to get a recording stating they are trying to repair a problem in my area.

Does anyone else have spectrum and experienced issues in other areas?

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
NC -- no problem here today or Sunday.

Are other people in your area down as well? The last time I had a long outage it turned out a lightning strike had damaged the underground cable from the switchbox across the street running to a couple houses and had to be replaced. I'm not sure their automated. system could tell their was an outage since it was a couple houses.

The previous time 12-18 months ago it was out for a couple days and was an issue with a station/wire a couple blocks away that had been damaged by a tree or squirrel. The auto system knew there was a problem and I could see about 6 trucks around the pole for many hours trying to fix it.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
NC -- no problem here today or Sunday.

Are other people in your area down as well? The last time I had a long outage it turned out a lightning strike had damaged the underground cable from the switchbox across the street running to a couple houses and had to be replaced. I'm not sure their automated. system could tell their was an outage since it was a couple houses.

The previous time 12-18 months ago it was out for a couple days and was an issue with a station/wire a couple blocks away that had been damaged by a tree or squirrel. The auto system knew there was a problem and I could see about 6 trucks around the pole for many hours trying to fix it.

Hi David.

yeah, other people in my area were down. It came back up just before 10 am EDT this morning. That’s good for me since I work from home due to COVID What irks me is the fact that no one would talk to you. They shoved this recording in my face. When I worked for Verizon we had to take calls even in outage situations or else

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks