What's new

Spectre (2015) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Hudson, Anne Hathaway, Gwynth Paltrow, Cher, Sandra Bullock to name a few notable talent-impaired actresses.
Personal opinion. Not fact. And highly debatable for another thread.

Back to Bond indeed.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
See, I think Berry is overacting even in those GIFs posted above. Ursula walks out of the water like a normal person, one foot in front of the other. Berry, on the other hand, exaggerates her hip movements to an absurd degree. No one walks like that. Her entire presence in that movie is a caricature.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I would agree that Berry was a bit over the top. Not just that walk out of the water, but everything. But I would lay part of the reasoning on Lee Tamahori. And perhaps some on the producers.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Jeez. What with all the Halle Berry hate?? She's an Oscar winning actress and has been great in many films other than Monsters Ball in which she was tremendous.

That doesn't negate the fact that she wasn't very good in DAD. I thought Madonna acted better and she wasn't that great either.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As long as we're getting sidetracked. . .Jennifer Hudson is a great singer, but Beyonce gave a better (acting) performance in that movie.

And if you don't think that Jennifer Lawrence can act, you need to watch Winter's Bone like, right now.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
Jeez. What with all the Halle Berry hate?? She's an Oscar winning actress and has been great in many films other than Monsters Ball in which she was tremendous.
Yeah, I wonder that too. She was great in all her different roles in Cloud Atlas, and the fact that she overplayed and overacted her DAD character was probably more up to the director/producers than her. I don't much care for DAD, but she was the least of its problems.

I would argue that winning an Oscar DOES indicate talent. Absolutely 100%. Name an Oscar winning performance by an actor without talent. Dare you.
Maybe not totally without talent, but Kim Basinger in LA Confidential was, IMHO, quite undeserved. She has done better in other movies, and in a movie so full of good performances, she gets the award?

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
My personal favorite would have to be Marion Cotillard. She's beautiful, a great actress, and she can project menace. I think she'd be a perfect casting choice as a femme fatale to play opposite 007.

She was great in The Dark Knight Rises and I expect she was good as Lady Macbeth although I haven't seen it yet.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
She was great in The Dark Knight Rises and I expect she was good as Lady Macbeth although I haven't seen it yet.

I haven't seen Macbeth yet either, and I agree that she was great in TDKR. It was her performance in Inception that really got to me though. I thought she was by far the best actor in the movie and IMO completely stole every scene she was in with DiCaprio.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
That's funny, I really can't stand her, and she takes away from everything she's in. Its frustrating to me that she's been in two movies I love - Inception and The Dark Knight Rises - because to me she just drags the movie down whenever she's onscreen. I have all the sympathy in the world for DiCaprio's character in Inception whenever she's offscreen, but whenever she's on, I just want him to get rid of her and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks