What's new

Spectre (2015) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thought she was great in DAD. Also one of my favorite Bonds. Tons of fun I thought.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Halle Berry was one of the worst things about DAD for me. It wasn't a great character to begin with but she played it in such a broad, cartoonish way more fitting Austin Powers then Bond. She was also about as sexy a mailbox, IMHO.

I want to see a picture of your mailbox!!!

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Thought she was great in DAD. Also one of my favorite Bonds. Tons of fun I thought.
As eye candy, she was really good in DAD, but her acting seemed awful to me. Could very well have been the script I guess. I thought they were trying to make DAD her character's debut and then start a franchise of her own. Am I remembering that incorrectly?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Halle Berry was one of the worst things about DAD for me. It wasn't a great character to begin with but she played it in such a broad, cartoonish way more fitting Austin Powers then Bond. She was also about as sexy as a mailbox, IMHO.

I will never understand how Berry constantly makes the top of those "best Bond girls" lists. She was absolutely dreadful, overacting in every scene. (Jada Pinkett Smith has recently become a challenger for worst performance, for her role on Gotham.)

Truly, one of the worst performances in movie history.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
Berry looked delicious in DAD. Her acting may not be impressive, but since Ursula Andress was dubbed in Dr. No, it is obvious acting chops is not a priority for Bond girls.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I will never understand how Berry constantly makes the top of those "best Bond girls" lists. She was absolutely dreadful, overacting in every scene. (Jada Pinkett Smith has recently become a challenger for worst performance, for her role on Gotham.)

Truly, one of the worst performances in movie history.
There was a performance? :laugh:

More (slightly) seriously, I'll grant her performance in DAD wasn't anything I'd use in an acting class but "one of the worst performances in movie history" is "one of the biggest exaggerations I've ever come across". ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I can't help myself. :D

I would really like this to be my mailbox:

giphy.gif

And I would really like THIS to be my neighbor's mailbox:

IaZa4.gif

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
As eye candy, she was really good in DAD, but her acting seemed awful to me. Could very well have been the script I guess. I thought they were trying to make DAD her character's debut and then start a franchise of her own. Am I remembering that incorrectly?

Yeah, I remember that too.

She was basically a B-list comedy actress until she won the Oscar for Monster's Ball, at which point she became Respectable for a while.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jeez. What with all the Halle Berry hate?? She's an Oscar winning actress and has been great in many films other than Monsters Ball in which she was tremendous.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Y'all need to go watch 'Swordfish' right now!

Whaddya mean? She was positively bursting with charisma in that one! She laid "it" all out there for the good of the film... conveyed "her message" without having to speak a word... let her "eyes" do the talking... grabbed our attention at the drop of a "hat"... she positively stole the show, if you ask me.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would argue that winning an Oscar DOES indicate talent. Absolutely 100%. Name an Oscar winning performance by an actor without talent. Dare you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks