What's new

specs on Geforce 3...should i upgrade (1 Viewer)

DarrylWHarrisJr

Stunt Coordinator
going to get the geforce 3 ti300...specs though are 175mhz GPU with 200 ddr memory...however...

i have a gf2GTS by creative and it's specs are 200mhz GPU and 333 MHZ ddr memory..

i know gf3 is fully dx8 but will the card be slower than my current one?

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
You must also remember that GeFORCE 3 ti200 is a highly overclockable card. Will it be faster, yes and no...in the more intensive games like RtCW, JK2, SS2, MoH:AA, etc the 3 will be fast as it has more RAM(for storing textures)and it has a LMA(which dramatically increases memory bandwith).

Now if I were you would I upgrade??? Not to a GeFORCE 3, I would wait on the new GeFORCE 4 Ti4200 which should be out next month to appear and then scoop one up for their suggested retail price of $199.99.

Bryan

Stunt Coordinator
Testing a GF2GTS on a 1ghtz system -vs- a GF3TI200 on a 700Mhtz the GF3 wins in 3DMark2001SE by over 1000 marks. I think it's cuz it does more that the other (doesn't skip as many tests) not that it get's much more in frame rates. But then again, the cpu's have a 300Mhtz difference so the frame rates would probably drop as the CPU becomes the bottleneck.
It was just a quick test to compare what would happen, not a test to write a report on. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks