Special Unit 2...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Feb 12, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I was just rewatching this show. And while it was wasn't always great. I forgot how enjoyable this show is. The banter between Detective O'Malley and Carl the Gnome is classic. And the shows one-liners are very funny. It is sad this show only lasted 19 episodes. Another victim of UPN's short leash for shows that are not reality or comedy shows.

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Just reviving this thread. Hoping to see if anyone has seen this show reairing on Scifi channel? I still stick to my original post. The writing on this show was great. C'mon Scifi bring this show back. I think the only one of the cast who has a new job is Jonathan (Jonathan Togo) who is now on CSI:Miami. All of the main cast is free. [​IMG]

3. Matt Fig

Matt Fig Stunt Coordinator

Finally caught it last night. Kept forgetting that SCi Fi was re-airing it. The show does have it's moments. But like you said, the chemistry between the cast keeps things moving and fun to watch (for us any ways). Did you see who played the villain in last nights episode (March 2 10 pm show)? Mr. Bennet from Heroes.

4. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

I like Science Fiction of most types and I'm not too picky. Unfortunately, the demographic that watches these shows tends to be older and well educated and that's not the advertiser's target market. They like the young and impressionable.

5. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    According to a blurb on IMDB (not always reliable, I know....) this series was actually cancelled due to reasons of unresolvable copyright infringement.

Michael Landes is starring in the upcoming series "The Wedding Bells" from David E. Kelley.

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I heard it was cancelled because the new president of UPN at the time...Hated it for some reason. Thats why it was cancelled part way through the second season. I wonder what copyright infringement could it have been invovled with?

7. Malcolm R

Malcolm

8. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Thanks Malcolm for the info. I am surprised they couldn't work something out. Its not like Bureau 13 is Monopoly. [​IMG]

9. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    This show is great! I never heard the Bureau 13 infringement story when it was originally cancelled.

Something must've been worked out, or I doubt that Sci-Fi would be airing it again.

10. KevinGress

KevinGress Supporting Actor

Wouldn't 'Bureau 13's' creator have to issue another suit? Sci-Fi simply bought the property, along with other UPN shows like Enterprise and Jake 2.0 and was airing it. Didn't bother to watch Special Unit 2, but Jake 2.0 was a nice little surprise.

11. Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman Executive Producer

Aaron Silverman
    I doubt that the Sci-Fi Channel's lawyers (they're owned by NBC/ Universal, right?) would have let that slip by, especially if it already caused problems for another network.

12. Malcolm R

Malcolm
    I'm assuming that maybe things were resolved legally after the show was already cancelled. Hence why the episodes can be rebroadcast.