What's new

Speaking placement question (1 Viewer)

KevinZ

Auditioning
Just moved, tv is now setup on a smaller wall than before and I had a question about setting up the speakers.

When I originally put everything in he room I just put them next to the TV, I haven't even finished setting everything up though. When reading through the manual I noticed one said not to place speakers directly next to a TV unless they are a certain kind of speaker or TV as to not screw with the picture.

The TV is a Pioneer Elite 7200 rear projection
Speakers Paradigm Reference Studio 100
Sub Paradigm PW2200 12"250

With these speakers is it alright to have the speakers next to the TV? Is there a minimum space there should be?

Right now I have it setup along the wall as

Sub - Speaker - TV - Speaker - Component rack

The speakers are fairly close to the TV, the only other option I would have would be

Speaker - Sub - TV - Component rack - Speaker

Which doesn't look nearly as good, and if it doesn't affect or hurt anything I would rather keep it as is.. Figured I should at least ask though

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dean_S

Second Unit
Having the speakers right next to the TV is never an optimum solution (see link in previous post) but your Paradigms are magnetically shielded so they shouldn't interfere with the TV (assuming it's CRT, I don't recognize that by the model, based which is the only type effected by magnets in non-sheilded speakers). If there was a problem you would know since magnetic interference effects the picture on the TV and can be permanent if the speakers are too close for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks