What's new

Speaking of "Wet" seats, the Orca show at Sea World, Orlando (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
hee hee, looking at the BMG vrs O vrs Mystere thread, somebody mentioned the Wet seats, if you want WET seats, sit about row 3 at Sea World orlando for the killer whale/Orca show... hee hee.. my family did (we were prepared anyway) and did we get soaked.. They don't mentiont that part of the show is specifically the Orca using his caudal fin, splashing the audience like a paddle. Anybody else get to experience this? I remember going to Sea World LOOOOONNNG time ago as a little kid but I don't remember the whale (Shamu) doing that, it was just wet seats from the jumps and the resulting splash. This was a deliberate swipe at getting people wet...
Quite fun and actually was nice on a hot day. :)
Jay

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Hey, Morrowind God. Yeah, I remember that cursed fish (mammal, whatever) very well, since he deliberately and with much malice destroyed my poor camera. My wife and I were careful to sit above the "splash zone" for much of the show, but it was a very hot day, and we saw that most of the splashing was pretty minor throughout the show. So we zipped the camera up in its canvas bag, figuring the few drops we would get hit with wouldn't penetrate it. And for a while it worked great. We got splashed once in a while, cooling us off, and the camera was bone dry under an extra shirt, under the seat, and in its bag. Then that great big lummox "waved goodbye" to us, and a giant freaking tsunami drenched us from head to toe, and turned our camera into so much expensive junk. First day of a two-week vacation, too. Damn fish. :angry:
(I know, mammal, but it doesn't sound as good.)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
:D I do believe them saying that you will get wet somewhere in the begining of the show. You know all the late comers get put in the front because nobody seems to want to sit there so my parents and I decided what the hey, it was nice outside and warm and I wasn't wearing anything that I didn't care to get wet. I did have my digital camera but left it in it's case and put it behind me during any of the wet times. Let me tell ya though, it was wetter than any water ride I've ever been on... might of even be drier if we sat in the very first row because the first row is almost under the glass ring but the 3rd/4th row seats are like prime sprayzone for the "wave" :D
Jay

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
This reminds me of Analyze this:

Jimmy: You think those whales piss in that water?
Jelly: No, I think they use the men's room next to the Burger King.

Trace Downing

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trace Downing
I love Sea World! It has to be the cleanest theme park in the world, and Islands of Adventure is pretty spotless in itself! The Shamu splashing is fun, but my favorite was the pirate show with the otter, the seal, and the walrus (I forget their names).
$5 bucks to feed the sea lions is a rip-off though! Get this, you pay them $5 for a few fish to feed THEIR animals, and the egrets usually steal the fish being thrown! I'm waiting for a sea lion to bite tham and send them flying across the pool!:laugh:
My camera was in a ziplock bag. It's a little secret that cigarette smokers have learned about water rides/shows.;)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I remember that walrus/seal/otter show, yah that was funny!

I too am a Sea World person, even though they raised their tickets to $55 just before we were there, I still thought it was worth it. And it was in October so it was the off season and there wasn't many lines. We also went to Universal Studios and Animal Kingdom. And I'm very very sooo glad we went to Animal Kingdom in the off season, I remember driving through the parking lot and thinking this lot is bigger than my home town. There are trolleys that take you to your car. Damm we must of drove about 1/2 mile from the enterance to where we parked and we walked to the gate rather than take the tram. We ate at the rainforrest cafe and wasn't much a line to anything, including the Jungle Jeep tour thing.

Jay

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
When we visited Sea World, we happened to go by taxi. The taxidriver warned us not to take the "wet seats" and he added: if you think you see some safe places higher up, don't believe it, go higher even. He advised us to use the third "batch" of seats (or whatever you want to call that).
I'm glad we did - we weren't exactly dressed to get soaking wet.

But we enjoyed the shows tremendously. In fact we enjoyed all of them a lot. We had been to Orlando twice before, but just never to Sea World yet (that's because you're likey to skip that one if you're there for only a week). We should have visited two years before!

cees

Users who are viewing this thread