What's new

speaking of stuff you "hate"... (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
My last girlfriend was a very compassionate person. We didn't get along much because I freely use the word "hate" all the time. I hate this, and I hate that. I hate people who insist on yelling into cell phones in public places. I hate Illinois nazis. I hate those little things in the middle of the DVD package that always break when you're trying to get the DVD out. I hate the "Aztek" SUV. I hate Quinten Tarantino. I hate seeing stuff about aliens and UFOs on "The Learning Channel." I hate sandles. I hate post-Connery "Bond." I hate "modern" classical music, or any "classical" composition that features a xylophone. I hate people who "picket" things. I hate the way we let bin laden get away. Hate hate hate. You get the idea. I am filled with hate.
What do you hate? (Aside from useless "what do you hate" threads on the HTF.)
MC

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I hate people that go the speed limit in the left lane, then speed up when you try to pass them on the right. Those same people are usually on cell phones :angry:
I hate people who cut in lines. I have to wait, what makes YOU so special?

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
I hate hate. There is far too much hate going around. You can't even concentrate on what you like, because someone will surely come along and share their hate of what you love. Whatever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say..."??

It seems like every movie, cd, tv show, book, whatever, "sucks" now. It's a frickin' drag, and is the main reason I don't bother to start many threads anymore.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
I know. I know. You bring up a really good point. Hate is bad. Hate is a really strong word. Sometimes, I feel bad using it. But I also feel quite strongly that I never misuse it or overuse it. I mean, the stuff I "hate" is the stuff that makes me stomp my feet and grind my teeth in frustration. And it's a lot of stuff.

But I don't, as a rule, "say bad things" (as in, "if you have nothing nice to say..."). I just exist at one with my hates. I try not to foist them on unsuspecting outsiders. I just... Hate.

And you could make an argument that there is "too much" hate going around, but it seems to me that while we "see" hate all around us -- in the world situation, in the Andrea Yates trial, etc. -- we usually don't answer that with much solid feeling one way or the other... I tend to feel that we are not solving a lot of our problems because we refuse to take the hard line stance -- a real solid emotion -- that would motivate us to move to the next level of action.

You mention movies or TV shows. Well, fr'instance, don't you hate that high paid hollywood types have to remake OCEANS 11, in effect taking our money without really expending much creative energy, when I'm sure there must be some original ideas floating around out there somewhere? See? Entertainment, especially on an entertainment forum, is real easy to pick on. I feel your pain.

But I also hate loads of other stuff, loads of stuff that other people just seem to take for granted or simply accept as if they don't have the energy to change it or even express an emotion about it. At least I have a definite opinion about stuff: I hate it.

I hate that I can't choose where my tax money goes. I hate that we don't use our military might and obliterate the thieves who killed that journalist. I hate that we allow a high court Judge in some southern state to proclaim that homosexuality is a crime without any sort of backlash. I hate that every time I buy fruit it goes bad before I can eat it. I hate that my oil heated house engenders tons of dust bunnies. I hate that whenever I reach to pick something up I inevitably knock something unrelated over. I hate that Jules Asner and Steve Kemetko have glamorous high paying careers and I'm a desk jockey. I hate that we are so two-faced about morals in this country.

I hate the sweater I wore today. I can't believe I am wearing this hideous blue wool sweater. What was I thinking?

MC

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
Wow. Man, I'm feelin' pretty good about myself right about now. By the way, nobody took my money for Ocean's 11. I surely would hate it if I allowed myself to get duped into paying to see heartless remakes. :laugh:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
And I hate shutting threads down.

Micah, I know where you're coming from, and I want your thread to continue as long as we can avoid those no-no areas mentioned in the Forum rules.

Let's keep this one civil. I'm gonna be watchin' (don't you just hate that?). Thanks.

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
No, actually I LOVE that you're watching. I know this is reaching, just me being bored to tears at work today... I was just, you know, wondering about other people and their feelings and stuff. Keep on me, man. Keep this forum a great place.

See? I can "love" too!

And I can split this airplane hanger and head home, since the boss left. That's the signal!

Weekend! I won't hate it, I assure you.

MORE HATE!

MC

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I hate people who use socks other then what they were intended for, your feet.
Peace Out~:D

Eve T

Supporting Actor
I'm kind of glad this thread started as my day at work turned out to be very upsetting. Please let me rant for a few moments if you will. "I" hate people that judge others soley on appearance instead of their merits and people who try to change others into something they aren't. Now I understand that because I dress different and act a bit different that some people are bound to stare at me, I've become quite used to this and it really doesn't bother me much anymore. Here is what bothered me today:
A lady I work with talked to me today and told me I need some "color"...being goth I like my pale white skin quite nicely, but anywayz she went on to tell me that I need color in my face, a tan, and a colorful wardrobe, she said that since I wear black everyday that people only get to see one side of my personality...(as if I have many personalities????) I'm a funny person and the first one to crack a joke, just because I wear black doesn't mean I'm depressed, I'm quite a happy soul with a good job and a husband who loves me "for who I am". This person on the other hand is single and never seems to be in a good mood so my question is who has the problem here? Little goth girl or the person who think I should be "normal"? What really got me mad was when she asked what happened to me to make me like this.....Like what???? I'm my own person I am who I am and make no appologies for how I look. I don't want a tan, I don't want to wear pink lipstick and I don't want to wear a yellow shirt so sue me. Sometimes you can't always judge a book by their cover for instance: Rob Smith from the Cure sang some songs that were very depressing, looking at him you might think he's ready to commit suicide but in reality he's happily married and has a child (he may have more than one now I haven't heard anything about it) I just hate it when people try to mold others into something they aren't. I'm not you, you aren't me let's try to live in peace it's a big big world out there and each one of us are responsible for the way we live our lives if someone looks a little different than you do it doesn't make them a bad person that's the whole thing I was upset about, thanks for listening. ;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I can see your "helpful" coworker having a coronary if she were to stroll along my neighborhood's main drag, Melrose Avenue. On evenings, the goths come out in all their pale glory. There's help for your problem yet, Eve. :)
Oops, I'm making my presence known. Back to my "watch" mode. ...

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I love people who pass me on local residential streets...I love women and men, on their cell phones, in their minivans, driving like crazy...I love those protestors who link themselves all together to form a human chain...I love those wacky TV producers who think they can stimulate me by appealing to the least common filthy denominator...I love all the crazy wacky people in the world who "dont have enough time" in their lives zipping around in a false-frenzy of simualted structure in a big hurry to get somewhere/be something/obtain the next big nothing.
Those crazy people - I love them ! hahahahaha.
Most of all I love connecting, in a friendly way, with someone who is the polar opposite of me. That is so crazy....when did that ever happen 1000 years ago !
:laugh:

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
I have a negative attitude towards:
-licorice
-asparagus
-not winning Lotto
-the paint that keeps peeling off of the outside of my house
-any summer where the temperature exceeds 97F
-stepping in dogs**t
-hearing & feeling my left knee go POP whenever I step the "wrong" way
-having a patient die despite my best efforts
-bad dreams
-underwear that crawls up
-socks that fall down
-toilet paper that fails :angry:
-clogged up drains
-cat paw prints on the hood of my car
-that damn bird that bombs my windshield every damn day
-DVD standards that change every time I buy a new DVD player.
I feel depressed now.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I hate the fact that I couldn't bowl a 200 game if my friggin' life depended on it... :frowning:

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
Micah,
i hate that hideous blue wool sweater you're wearing today. what were you thinking?;) i do love this thread, however, and must admit you covered alot of the things that set me off.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
The one thing that I hate more than anything is..............TIM BURTON.
Ummmmm that hurt....that hurt really bad. Hope you don't hate people that LOVE him and appreciate the fact that he marches to the beat of his own drum...something I myself am known to do. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks