What's new

Speakers (1 Viewer)

MichaelZee

Auditioning
hello everyone quick question! .. Right now i have the Z-680s 5.1 speakers hooked up to my pc.they sound great but. the thing is i want more. ALOT MORE..lol
i want to know if its possible to hook up a speaker set say like some martin logans (real speakers) up to my pc .. maybe through a receiver ... right now i have my z-680s hooked up to audigy 2zs... im just wondering if it poss to have a real hometheater hooked up to your pc and not some PC SPEAKERS .. lol

thanks
michael

Mike Fassler

Supporting Actor
yes its definately possible and easy, easiest way is too make sure yer sound card has spdif connection on it then just run a cable from it to your receiver and presto you got the worlds most powerful mp3 player :) On my pc I have a nforce2 mobo with toslink port so i just ran a toslink cable from my server
to my music system and play mp3's using winamp or similar software and your good to go. its awesome to be able to play
whatever songs you want at the click of a mouse.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
My advice is to get a good two channel amp and speakers initially instead of the multimedia packages you see at most stores. Get a good 2 channel amp (or if you upgrade your ht, move the avr to computer duty) and some Nhts (or your favorite brand of speaker) to start out with (I'm running 5 nhts superzeroes + Northcreek x-over mods on the lcr, Sherwood 6108, and SVS sub and it's awesome). Something else to consider is to maybe buy powered studio monitors instead as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks